DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you like DJI Go 4 or Litchi?

Jeff A

Well Worn Member
Reactions
A few months ago I decided to do a comparison between DJI Go 4 and Litchi AS I SEE IT. If either software package had a feature, I would give that feature a score of 2. If the other software had a similar feature but was, IN MY OPINION, not as good, I would give a score of 1. Here is what it looked like to me. If I have made any errors, let me know but keep in mind, this is how I evaluated these programs. I have to say, I was pretty surprised that there was such a large disparity. Another thing, not scored. As you can see by my Signature, I have two drones. I can fly both of them with Litchi but cannot fly both of them with DJI software.

Attachments

• DJI Go 4 vs Litchi.pdf
    37.9 KB · Views: 81
A few months ago I decided to do a comparison between DJI Go 4 and Litchi AS I SEE IT. If either software package had a feature, I would give that feature a score of 2. If the other software had a similar feature but was, IN MY OPINION, not as good, I would give a score of 1. Here is what it looked like to me. If I have made any errors, let me know but keep in mind, this is how I evaluated these programs. I have to say, I was pretty surprised that there was such a large disparity. Another thing, not scored. As you can see by my Signature, I have two drones. I can fly both of them with Litchi but cannot fly both of them with DJI software.
Good job. DJI Go4 has a “Find my Drone” feature although I have never used it. Also, there are a number of settings in Go4 that are not in Litchi.

Reactions: rrshannon
I use Litchi a lot but I still use DJI Go 4 most of the time for three particular reasons.

First I think the HUD display on Litchi is too crowded and there’s no way to full screen the camera view with no flight gauges of any kind. When I am filming I like to see the full camera view and nothing in the way. On Litchi the top bar cuts off a portion of the top of the screen and there’s just a lot going on.

Secondly I don’t like how the settings menu takes up the full screen and is 100% opaque so theres no way to see the live view while changing a setting. I like how the settings menu is transparent in DJI Go 4 so I can at least see that the drone isn’t going haywire while I change a setting. I trust my drone but at the same time that extra bit of security puts my mind at ease.

The last thing is that you can’t change advanced settings and fumble parameters in litchi. Not that I change them often but +1 to DJI go 4 for that being available.

Looks a bit biased towards Litchi, DJI can do Home and Course lock. And there is lots more that only DJI can do.

I use Litchi exclusively except for setting parameters that are not available in Litchi, then, I use Go 4 just for the settings. Litchi support is excellent, as well.

I have used Litchi but found it a little complicated. Am now trying DroneLink and so far have been impressed with the ease of setting up a mission and being able to reuse. I cost me $20 for a hobbyist account (one time). I believe this will quickly become my go to mission software.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser