DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you like your RC Pro Controller?

Rogerc

Reactions
For those of you that have the RC pro controller. Do you like it.??
Thinking of getting the B & H Air2S sale that includes this controller. Want to hear from real drone pilots that use it. Thanks in advance

Following…..

Wondering if it is faster to get in the air, meaning is it significantly quicker to power up the controller and aircraft and take off as opposed to mounting phone in controller, launching the DJI APP, then powering up controller and aircraft. I am looking to speed up my real estate photo shoots, and being able to pull up to a job and simply grabbing the RC Pro and aircraft seems easier, but $1,200 easier? Not sure. Thank you.

If you purchase the B&H (or similar) Air2S sale that includes this controller it's a no brainer. Using the controller is definitely faster than using a phone, screen is brighter, and just a simpler more enjoyable experience IMO. To purchase the RC Pro by itself it is hard to justify an additional $1200.

Last edited:
Reactions: cpd682 and flgboy
YES!!! Besides the screen and better connection. it has shiny things that work wonders. Seriously, less to deal with in all aspects. Set up and take down - one button, deploy the antenna. More comfortable balance.

I definitely love the RC Pro Controller, especially with a neck strap. Very quick to get flying.
The little dpad let's you change the exposure value (left and right), and you can always reassign it.
The buttons on the back are nice also, can easily set the gimbal to straight down/forward with a click.

Considering selling mine and getting the Mavic 3.
The Cine version would be awesome, but it's also quite a jump in price.

:::Edit:::
There are also these shortcuts that are useful when combined with the 'back' button:
Back + Gimbal Dial: Adjust Brightness
Back + Camera Control Dial: Adjust Volume
Back + Record Button: Record Screen
Back + Shutter Button: Screenshot
Back + 5D Button : Up - Home, Down - Shortcut Setting, Left - Recent

Reactions: Roamer105
Thank you for the input, yes it sounds like it is worth it. Now the difficult question. Buy the Air2S kit so I have a backup aircraft. (My way of justifying the purchase to myself) or wait on the rumored Mini 3 pro that will come with the RC Pro Controller. I really want an actual pocket drone just for fun. Or, how about the Mavic 3 with RC Pro Controller? I would buy it if I could get the normal Mavic 3, I don’t want the Cine version. Buy today or wait a month……….Decisions……Cheers.

:::Edit:::
There are also these shortcuts that are useful when combined with the 'back' button:
Back + Gimbal Dial: Adjust Brightness
Back + Camera Control Dial: Adjust Volume
Back + Record Button: Record Screen
Back + Shutter Button: Screenshot
Back + 5D Button : Up - Home, Down - Shortcut Setting, Left - Recent
Thank you for this valuable information!

Thank you for the input, yes it sounds like it is worth it. Now the difficult question. Buy the Air2S kit so I have a backup aircraft. (My way of justifying the purchase to myself) or wait on the rumored Mini 3 pro that will come with the RC Pro Controller. I really want an actual pocket drone just for fun. Or, how about the Mavic 3 with RC Pro Controller? I would buy it if I could get the normal Mavic 3, I don’t want the Cine version. Buy today or wait a month……….Decisions……Cheers.
Get the Air 2S FMC. Use it for a while and you may not want the M3!! The included RC Pro WILL work with the M3.

Reactions: The_Gregors
Following…..

Wondering if it is faster to get in the air, meaning is it significantly quicker to power up the controller and aircraft and take off as opposed to mounting phone in controller, launching the DJI APP, then powering up controller and aircraft. I am looking to speed up my real estate photo shoots, and being able to pull up to a job and simply grabbing the RC Pro and aircraft seems easier, but $1,200 easier? Not sure. Thank you.
May look more professional. Just saying.

I bought my 2S with the bundle that came from it and can honestly say it just stream lines and simplifies the entire experience. Would I pay 1100 for just the controller.... No. I feel if you get it in the bundle it is worth it.

Reactions: flgboy
YES!!! Besides the screen and better connection. it has shiny things that work wonders. Seriously, less to deal with in all aspects. Set up and take down - one button, deploy the antenna. More comfortable balance.
Out of curiosity, what are the "...shiny things that work wonders"? I have the RC Pro and am not sure what these are. Thanks!

Love the RC Pro. Could not go back to a clunky cellphone. I'm in the air quicker, the screen is brighter, transmission seems stronger. No regrets at all.

You can now - install the amazon app store, it's in there. Whether or not it actually works with the RC Pro is a different question, that I can't answer yet, as my Air 2S is off being repaired after a crash.
Sounds like it would except I already paid for it through the PlayStore and use it on my other controller... Would prefer to not have to buy it twice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure