DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you record whole flight or clips?

UrbanPhotoSniper

Reactions
Do you guys record your whole flight from start to finish or do you record clips of different scenes, and do you color grade?

I'm just trying to figure out what's the easiest way to simplify the color grading process.

Clips. Unless I have a quick flight mapped out. Sorting through 25 minutes + multiple batteries of footage is too time consuming for me.

Reactions: grizzard
Clips. Unless I have a quick flight mapped out. Sorting through 25 minutes + multiple batteries of footage is too time consuming for me.
100% agree...when I first started doing aerial videos I was recording everything and it was a ******* nightmare when it came time to edit.

Reactions: grizzard
You're going to be inserting your video into the timeline in clip sections anyway, which you can then color grade individually, so it doesn't really matter beyond personal preference. I prefer to shoot them as individual clips to begin with. It's far easier to deal with short, individual clips when editing. They're also easier to review and discard the garbage prior to editing.

I used to do entire flight, but it used up my phone's battery fast, and I quickly ran out of space on my card.

I tend to record in clips, even if I basically end up recording the whole flight. If I'm trying to get shots for video, I'll stop and start at each "take" to make it easier to deal with for editing.

But I also run a screen recording app on my phone for every flight, 100% of the time, in case of any incidents :)

Reactions: dewster
I record the whole flight. I have many SD cards so space is not an issue. I have recorded some pretty awesome stuff by accident recording whole flights.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I usually record the entire flight, but I record it all in 2-3 minute clips. Every so often I turn off then turn back on the record function. There's a small timer underneath the record button that helps me keep track of how long it's recording. As a few have said, it's easier to sort through clips for me this way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga