DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you think DJI will release an SDK for Mini 4 Pro?

I'm inclined to say yes, in keeping with the trend through the mini line.

I also think it will be based on Virtual Stick operation like the others, crippling the actual utility of automation in third party apps like Litchi Pilot.

Since the M4P already has autonomous waypoint functionality, it might be the exception in the mini line and not get an SDK, as there would be little reason to purchase and use something like Litchi Pilot instead of the built-in waypoint functionality.

To save others a little time, here's the relevant information. The response says they anticipate the SDK will be available in the first half of 2024.

I'd like to believe this will be the case, but I'm skeptical. Does anyone know about this Github group. Is DJI a participant? Is that commenter a DJI representative?

Screenshot 2024-01-04 143640.jpg

I’m really a know-nothing here, but not very hopeful. I’ve been fussing with DJI re waypoint enhancements, but their responses have not been encouraging. Here’s what I’ve asked for:

1) Easily transfer waypoint mission between iPad (plan/edit) and iPhone (execute)
2) Insert new waypoint anywhere, OR: re-arrange waypoints by dragging in the list
3) Accept negative waypoint and POI altitude - these locations are often lower than takeoff point

To me (retired software engineer), these seem pretty straightforward and simple, but they just say
1) can’t do that
2) can’t do that
3) take the drone off first

It’s been too cold to try #3 (apologies to akdrone; I’m a pansy)

Yeah, sure would like to use Litchi on my Mini 4, especially with waypoint mission downloaded to and executed in the drone. DJI builds great hardware, but their waypoint implementation should embarrass them. ☺️

What is wrong with it?
I repeat (these are my primary gripes):

1) Easily transfer waypoint mission between iPad (plan/edit) and iPhone (execute)
2) Insert new waypoint anywhere, OR: re-arrange waypoints by dragging in the list
3) Accept negative waypoint and POI altitude - these locations are often lower than takeoff point

Just seems like the Litchi implementation is more robust (more features) and easier to use. I’m spoiled. 😇

Reactions: BigAl07
To save others a little time, here's the relevant information. The response says they anticipate the SDK will be available in the first half of 2024.

I'd like to believe this will be the case, but I'm skeptical. Does anyone know about this Github group. Is DJI a participant? Is that commenter a DJI representative?

View attachment 171567
I don’t give the SDK for the Mini 4 much of a chance. I would LOVE to be wrong. Based on the past few drones, I think DJI has adopted a “Lock It Down” philosophy. They want to control how and who operates your drone.
Look at what has happened to the wild expansion of Geo Zones, in order to lock us down and encumber us to ask for permissions where the FAA says we need none.

I've not used the M4Pro with waypoints yet but I'm curious, without the SDK is there any way to do a "Grid Flight" currently?

I've not used the M4Pro with waypoints yet but I'm curious, without the SDK is there any way to do a "Grid Flight" currently?
Yes. I have a number of users who use ancient.land to design a grid mission then use my "Litchi Mission to DJI Fly Waypoints" converter to fly the grid mission with a Mavic 3 / Air 3 / Mini 4.

• Love
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about an SDK fro Mini 4 Pro?
No! If they didn't do it for the Mavic 3! DJI will NEVER do that for the micro drones, because it would devalue the Enterprise line. The Mavic 3 is essentially the same drone as the M3E with the mechanical shutter, they have the same camera and still they won't release the firmware that will activate it nor the SDK for more app such as Lytchi, Dronelink, Drone Deploy & more to connect with the OS and do autonomous mission. That's letting a microdrone lest than 1K to do the same as the $3K plus drones. No way Jose!
I think there is a song for your thoughts from James Tyler “ Dream On”! Dream I till your dreams NEVER! Come true.
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about an SDK fro Mini 4 Pro?

Yes. I have a number of users who use ancient.land to design a grid mission then use my "Litchi Mission to DJI Fly Waypoints" converter to fly the grid mission with a Mavic 3 / Air 3 / Mini 4.

Do you have any links to "ancient.land" etc? I didn't see anything on McGoogle specific to that phrase.

Do you have any links to "ancient.land" etc? I didn't see anything on McGoogle specific to that phrase.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas