DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you Trust your mavic

No! I've seen too many Terminator movies. They have mind of their own. I think my Mavic is out to get me.

Reactions: Boob8282
My Mavic is my first ever drone. When I first started I was nervous about flying it too far away from me. The more I flew it the more I trusted it. Now I have no problem flying it any distance. Even when I'm pushing the RC signal limits, I'm still confident it will return every time if I lose total signal.
I don't trust it too much in Atti mode. Always have to be ready on the controls because it drifts.

Yes and No. So far flawless flights, no crashes, reliable RTH automation. I just worry the moment I trust it will be the day it falls out of the sky.

The more I fly my Mavic Pro the more I trust it. Have read a lot here as well, and yes lost drones do happen--but in almost all threads like that I have learned something that could prevent me from having the same fate. I also learned more about my MP's limitations, so as not to push my luck.

agree with all of this. trust is built and earned, but so far mine has not let me down. it's also important to recognise when a "failure" is the result of the pilot doing dumb stuff. or when an unpredictable hardware failure like a motor dying or a prop throwing a blade happens, without a precursor incident. that's not the aircraft failing, that's life biting you on the backside, which happens occasionally.

Recently i have started to doubt my mavic, i dont fly to crazy far out any more.
Wind, gimbal error, signal loss, suddenly a helicopter nerby, drone start to not respond so well.

What are other opinions ?
The best flying dji product short of inspire.
Stable at 2-3 miles out . Amazing control.

I trust my P4 more than my MP, probably because I have more hours on the P4.Also the P4 has paid for itself, if it goes down where I fly it would be unrecoverable, but although I would be sad to lose it,I have had my fun with it. It seems more stable in wind.
My MP I have put it through its paces, and it has performed well, but occasional glitches, but still very reliable, it is my "go to" drone of choice and I would hate to lose it.
My Phantom 3 pro, is far more stable in high winds. I was flying in Lanzarote - Canary islands and wind speeds up to 36/40kph. The maximum speed of the mavic is approx 34/35kph. A few times during filming my drone wasn't flying forward if fact was being blown backwards, even the GPS wasn't holding position. Hopeless is high winds. So I used an old sailing technique "tacking". Sort of worked but at least it returned to me, JUST. Phew !

I trust my Mavic Pro, but after every firmware update that first flight is always a nerve wrecker. i fly in an urban area, and there is minimal room for error.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason