DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anybody use the Trackimo GPS device on there Dji Drones or the RF-V16?

FLPilotshark

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
I just recently bought one and I am trying to decided if I want to install the Trackimo on the top of Mavic Pro drone or behind the aircraft with a bracket that you see below ?trackimo-real-time-gps-tracking-device_3.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Stock photo, but mine is exactly like this. Also doesn’t have the issue with wind resistance if mounted behind body.

Attachments

• AEA52EFA-3565-49AC-BD75-B43A3FEF420B.png
    AEA52EFA-3565-49AC-BD75-B43A3FEF420B.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 55
Reactions: FLPilotshark
s-l1600-1-jpg.51017
I like this idea for a Trackimo holder. Although it does not affect the sensors if you attach it on the top, still just to make sure this one is better.

I like this idea for a Trackimo holder. Although it does not affect the sensors if you attach it on the top, still just to make sure this one is better.
---------------------------------------------

It does not have any sensors in the back of the aircraft for the Dji Mavic Pro, so thats why I went with the bracket in the back!

Does any one know the different between the two Mini GPS Trackers besides price?
Trackimo TRKM-002

RF-V16 Mini Personal Locator GPS Real Time Tracker SOS Communicator BlackScreen Shot 2018-10-22 at 6.40.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-22 at 7.32.11 AM.png

Details on RF-V16 Mini Personal Locator GPS is not very clear so it doesn't specify if its a 2G or 3G and I never seen any good reviews on this one. However, for Trackimo I personally use it myself so I know that it is a reliable tracker. Also, based on the specifications on Amazon I didn't find wifi capabilities on RF-V16. They don't also show the subscription rate(which for sure there is because it uses GSM). I can't find the website for RF-V16 so warranty claims and complains about the product will be very hard to get. But for Trackimo you could just go here: https://trackimo.com/gps-drone-tracker/

Details on RF-V16 Mini Personal Locator GPS is not very clear so it doesn't specify if its a 2G or 3G and I never seen any good reviews on this one. However, for Trackimo I personally use it myself so I know that it is a reliable tracker. Also, based on the specifications on Amazon I didn't find wifi capabilities on RF-V16. They don't also show the subscription rate(which for sure there is because it uses GSM). I can't find the website for RF-V16 so warranty claims and complains about the product will be very hard to get. But for Trackimo you could just go here: https://trackimo.com/gps-drone-tracker/

Care to share some picture with the GPS with it to your drone?

Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:
Maybe it is so light it makes litte difference but mounted behind definetly changes the balance and the drone will compensate by more power to the real motors.

Do you have any science to back up that theory that it actually effects the flight on the Dji Mavic Pro with an extra 80 grams?
PER - Mavicsailor - His MINI GPS Tracker doesn’t have any issues with wind resistance if the mini gps is mounted behind body!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S