DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone actually see 27 minute flight times?

It's also worth keeping in mind that near full depletion of batteries will shorten their usable life. I'm with others here that 20-22 minutes is plenty if there's no emergency pushing you to squeeze the battery harder.

I would be very interested in knowing what your source is on battery depletion and battery life.
I thought these batteries were protected and wouldn't be harmed by discharge.

I actually find the flight time at times to be too long but perhaps that's due to my current Spark obsession. I for sure find my P4P flight times to be TOO long -- I could have gotten by with 2 batteries vs the 1/2 dozen. I'm assuming my new MPP will get 27.5 minutes right?

I did a battery refresh on 2 batteries where I flew to 1% on both. It is possible to hit 27 mins. I did so by hovering close to ground on each flight for last 10%. Generally not a recommended thing to do. 20 min flight times are more typical with 20-30% battery to spare.
b8fc5e5b31b143f0b79fe5643fafbd1c.jpg

I think I was able to achieve 20-21 minutes all the time, but today, I almost lost my Mavic, and it only lasted just for about 13 minutes on a full charge! I was flying in a slightly windy situation on a beach, the battery level was dropping significantly. As soon as I was notified about the activation of the RTH due to Mavic's own estimation of the power consumption needed to return home, I obeyed. The only thing I did, I tried to keep him out of the ocean, to my surprise it landed by itself on a 10% charge (frankly I tried to stay out of the ocean). It was 3000 ft from me/home point, thus it never achieved the RTH mission. Spend 1 hour looking for it (the beach area was a bit flooded after the hurricane), frankly my Phantom and GPS helped me to locate it. It landed on a wild grass, with ocean water underneath it. Literary 2 inches down, and it would be all in salt water. It did pop me a message saying that the landing conditions are dangerous and that it'll hover within 0.5 meters altitude, I'd chosen to keep it there, as elsewhere was wet.

Lesson learned. Mavic Pro is a great drone, and I got it just last week. It's a pure miracle how good it is. I'd experience with Phantom 3 STD, 4K & Professional. Flown Phantoms on rainy and windy occasions, worked perfectly fine, handled all the bad weather like a boss. Mavic is a bit different. The one has to be cautious when flying far on a windy day. It can translate the signal from 12,000 ft for sure (that's how far it went today), but can it return safely home thereafter? After today, I wouldn't rely on Mavic's estimation as to how much time it has left to complete the RTH.

Regarding the battery life. My suggestion would be to keep the battery charged only if you're planning on flying it within the 3 days period. Second observation is the altitude. The higher you're climbing, the bigger wind-force Mavic is facing, thus more energy it consumes as a result. Speed is also an important factor. Motors in a full throttle cause the heat in a battery to accelerate, my observations shows it results in a lower flight time.View attachment 22089[IMG]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170923/5aef80d85c41bbdc4e84f569c2d8f5b6.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_