DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone belong to any of those DJI Facebook groups run by Danny Batchelor?

svenmarbles

Reactions
It’s utterly ridiculous how this guy has managed to hijack Facebook groups for anything pertaining to DJI drones.

The operation is simple, create the groups, acquire as large of a member base as you can, then just shamelessly and relentlessly pound away at your member base with your affiliate link from DJI. It’s plainly obvious that his only motivation for being admin to these groups is to have a captive audience for his commission sales links.

-If you talk about a product, perhaps someone asks where you bought it. You link to the Amazon listing.. Post deleted..

-If you mention buying anything anywhere other than through his affiliate links,.. Post deleted.

-If you share a YouTube video,.. Post deleted.
(Evidently because youtubers have their affiliate links in the descriptions).

It’s to the point that anyone’s ability to carry on with typical Facebook group community activities are completely impeded by this guy’s complete North Korean style censorship.

I’m sorry for coming here to vent about this but it’s a neutral site and I figure some of you might know exactly what I’m talking about. Something has to be done. The problem is that he seems to have mastered the ability to make claim to the Facebook groups for DJI drone models that will become the most prominent ones. In other words, if you want to participate in a Facebook group about your drone model, his are the ones with the thousands of members, and the most eyeballs that will see your posts.

To be clear,.. These groups aren’t actually real. They’re created by the administrator with absolutely no intention of allowing them to function as a group. He’s creating them for the sole purpose that they fill with people and then pretty much disallows everything besides entertaining his sales pressure tactics.

All I ask for is a Facebook group pertaining to DJI drones that you can carry on in like one should be able to.

Isn’t this type of tyrannical and sleazy administration against some type of Facebook rules? I get that these groups are left to be mostly autonomous, but there’s some exceptionally disgusting behavior taking place by these individuals. Using their platform to do this sort of thing, perhaps Facebook might have something to say about it?

Using their platform to do this sort of thing, perhaps Facebook might have something to say about it?
I doubt it. Deleting messages from your own Facebook group is not against Facebook's TOS.

Why not participate here instead? ;)

Reactions: Johnmcl7
If the groups are there to make money for the admin then it needs to be clear on the group description. If not then I'm sure they're breaking Facebook's T&C's (they're the only ones allowed to make money without telling you ?)

Now who reads all the fine print ?
Hardly anyone that joins here read the guidelines let alone the TOS when they join. I know.?
Boy do I know.but they learn.?

I doubt it. Deleting messages from your own Facebook group is not against Facebook's TOS.

Why not participate here instead? ;)

In general I find it strange how Facebook Groups have increasingly replaced forums despite the the FB format being ill suited to threads of any length. I occasionally try using FB groups due to forums going quiet but I just find it maddening trying to follow any thread because it quickly becomes unwieldy.

In general I find it strange how Facebook Groups have increasingly replaced forums despite the the FB format being ill suited to threads of any length. I occasionally try using FB groups due to forums going quiet but I just find it maddening trying to follow any thread because it quickly becomes unwieldy.

I agree. I do post here a fair bit as well because I do prefer the format. In years past I belonged to many and even ran a couple myself. Forums were sort of the original social media, where people would engage in topic driven dialogue. As social media grew the populations of the forums started to shrink. I gradually just started to follow the migration as well as I tend to like to post where the eyeballs are.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803