DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone know of any videos that show how to use your smart controller alongside the factory controller to get a dual live picture feed?

just connect a display into the SC. why would you need another controller?

Hi

CS do not allow connect second
Controller or goggles same time
For some reason DJI restricted this option for now

My experience with SC
You can not link 2 remotes same
Time if one of them SC
You can link 2 standard controllers

just connect a display into the SC. why would you need another controller?
ahhh, I see what you were asking. I am needing a "second display" because tomorrow I am conducting a building inspection in conjunction with a professional engineer and my goal is for me to be able to act as PIC and for the engineer I am working with to be able view the footage I'm capturing so that he is able to direct which areas of the building that I need to focus on/ via the live feed coming from my smart controller. We are going super close to the structure so I need to be able to keep my eyes on the uas at all times. If that makes sense

ahhh, I see what you were asking. I am needing a "second display" because tomorrow I am conducting a building inspection in conjunction with a professional engineer and my goal is for me to be able to act as PIC and for the engineer I am working with to be able view the footage I'm capturing so that he is able to direct which areas of the building that I need to focus on/ via the live feed coming from my smart controller. We are going super close to the structure so I need to be able to keep my eyes on the uas at all times. If that makes sense
see this thread, with smart controller HDMI port to HDMI input port on a monitor
DJI Smart Controller HDMI Output

and a video here

SC has USB-C video output and HDMI also.
Not sure if you can output both at same time like the guy said

You are saying this is impossibe
Leave alone the idea to have 2 controllers connected to Mavic 2. It is not supported.
Get a HDMI field monitor, plug it into the Smart Controller with a HDMI cable, configure the desired output, done.

You are saying this is impossibe>

As has been suggested, you can attach a second DISPLAY to the HDMI output port on the Smart Controller (also known as SC). You canNOT use a second controller. When the Mavic 2 series was first released, the official Manual had a section "Dual Controllers coming soon" and that was in a few revisions of the manual. Then DJI removed any reference to 'dual controllers' entirely from the manual. So most folks expect that they will not support that feature.

While the hdmi out to a separate display helps, it does not help those who apparently want a dual or second controller so that one person concentrates on flying the drone while the other person with a second controller only concentrates on controlling the camera, gimbal, photos and videos.

Op Only wanted a second controller as a Means to have a second display. I got that first post.
dunno why thats confused.
Dual controllers was always a bit of a bonus.

There was a time 'circa 2016' DJI was full of bonus. Then came the skynet updates, and
Firmware bollocking.
And in 2018 the selling out when they realised their customer base were Apple users with money burning holes
in their pockets.
So you have Crystalsky(s), The Goggles (they started out honest to be fair), the SC, Moverio Colaberation, Mavic 2 price twice what mav one was for basically a better
camera.
DJI should make a smartphone, or you know..add LTE to the Smart Controller *shrug*

Last edited:
Leave alone the idea to have 2 controllers connected to Mavic 2. It is not supported.
Get a HDMI field monitor, plug it into the Smart Controller with a HDMI cable, configure the desired output, done.
so there is no way to do a buddy box? i would like to be able to act as PIC and have my VO working the camera. Or is that not possible with the Mavic yet?

so there is no way to do a buddy box? i would like to be able to act as PIC and have my VO working the camera. Or is that not possible with the Mavic yet?

Only way to do this at present is pilot using the controller and photographer using DJI goggles.

However, you will need the patience of Buddha to operate the camera functions using the goggles UI

But a Mavic Pro

Buy a Mavic Pro

You can do it using the dual controller feature. First connect the SC to your Mavic 2. Then connect the OEM controller to the drone using your display (I use an iPad) as a secondary controller (New function in latest DJI Go4 release)

I can now control the drone and the camera using either controller. I even set up a Litchi waypoint mission and uploaded it using the secondary controller and monitored progress using either controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78