DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does DJI know if I open the body?

mschwind200

Reactions
Ok so my gimbal is having issues and DJI is tossing up between if it needs a repair or if it's software or whatever. I am almost certain it's an unplugged chord or something inside the drone. If I unscrewed the screws in the photo I've attached, will DJI know?

Thanks
b64773fb537b4e01d2b96b20311a66ac.jpg

(The two screws beside the camera, NOT on it.)

Reactions: devin120
It's more complex then those two screws, you will have to remove the whole bottom no?

I could tell if someone opened a mavic. So i assume they would.

But why not do a trouble shooting. In order of easiest to hardest.

Downgrade then upgrade everything. Calibrate gimbal.

If issue persists, is it repetitive. Can you repeat the error over and over?

If so, what is it.

If its not software, I know your probably more then capable of going in there. But why take the chance. imo. But I know a ton of guys who have opened theirs..

But if you elaborate on your issue their may be a quick fix. Jello? Lag? Constant rotation?

It's more complex then those two screws, you will have to remove the whole bottom no?

I could tell if someone opened a mavic. So i assume they would.

But why not do a trouble shooting. In order of easiest to hardest.

Downgrade then upgrade everything. Calibrate gimbal.

If issue persists, is it repetitive. Can you repeat the error over and over?

If so, what is it.

If its not software, I know your probably more then capable of going in there. But why take the chance. imo. But I know a ton of guys who have opened theirs..

But if you elaborate on your issue their may be a quick fix. Jello? Lag? Constant rotation?
Well when I turn it on it smashes itself up and down. Like it looks up, then down, then up then down and then will look sideways. Sometimes it works normally

Its normal to calibrate like that at startup. But the way you describe it i assume it sttays sideways?

Mine smacks around a bit at startup. Is your gimbal secured under the tab in the back? Ill boot mine up now to see the sequence.

Its normal to calibrate like that at startup. But the way you describe it i assume it sttays sideways?

Mine smacks around a bit at startup. Is your gimbal secured under the tab in the back? Ill boot mine up now to see the sequence.
Yeah it's not normal, I know that. I've had this for a long time and I can't even describe in words what It does upon bootup.

Yeah it's not normal, I know that. I've had this for a long time and I can't even describe in words what It does upon bootup.

Video would help

And BTW, those 2 screws only hold the top cover on, along with 8 other screws. So removing those 2 wont do a thing to help you whatever your mission is.

Yes , they read the forum .

I removed the bottom cover to clean the downward camera lens which arrived dirty on the inside (Infer what you will on this point). ANyway no big deal to remove the cover, but they did have a piece of silicone on one of the screws which is likely their tattletale. I figured it would be easier to clean the lens then send it in after the horror stories I have heard regarding their CS. I would have left the lens dirty, but the drone was struggling in it's auto landing sequence, cleaned the lense and no problems since.

I removed the bottom cover to clean the downward camera lens which arrived dirty on the inside (Infer what you will on this point). ANyway no big deal to remove the cover, but they did have a piece of silicone on one of the screws which is likely their tattletale. I figured it would be easier to clean the lens then send it in after the horror stories I have heard regarding their CS. I would have left the lens dirty, but the drone was struggling in it's auto landing sequence, cleaned the lense and no problems since.

Yes that little silicone dot on one of the screws has been on every Mavic Ive repaired. Most times its on the right rear screw when you take off the body and you cant put a driver in the screw head until you have removed the silicone from the screw head. Is that enough proof to DJI that you have opened the body and void your warranty? Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turkk71
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas