DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does It mean I can take off any where within the custom unlocked zone? (Mavic Mini)

xeoangel123

Reactions
Does It mean I can take off any where within the custom unlocked zone? Or must I take off where i placed the pin?

Because I tried taking off after obtaining the license , but to no avail. When I did self unlocking, it worked.

So I'm wondering if I can take off anywhere within the approved zone, or must be on the pin.

For Mavic Mini

Anywhere within the unlock area. You have to make sure the self unlock is checked and check off the pop ups. if you fly outside the Unlocked area make sure you uncheck the special unlock area so you can fly in uncontrolled airspace.

Reactions: fificap
I confirm this, you can take off, fly and land everywhere in the unlocked zone.

The OP is from Malaysia, but I have no doubt people won't notice that and assume it's their country.

Here in the U.S., the Mavic Mini must be flown according to all current recreational and/or commercial rules. The only thing the weight of the Mini exempts it from is the necessity to register it with the FAA is you're going to fly it strictly for recreational purposes.

But, I suggest people still put their recreational number on it anyway. If you are approached by a police officer, they may not know it's exempt. They expect all drones to be registered.

It can prevent some unnecessary explaining in the future.

Reactions: Ex Coelis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone