DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does litchi calculate RTH/battery usage/wind conditions?

jaysrmc

Reactions
I am trying to figure out if Litchi will initiate RTH in relation to wind conditions, distance and battery power like DJI Go does? Couldn't find anything in the search.

Neither can calculate or account for wind speed. RTH is calculated by distance and speed. If it has a tailwind going out and you fly out to 55% don't expect to get it back.

Reactions: JcarlosLopes
I have noticed that AirData, will give you an estimated wind speed. Not sure how accurate it is but fun to look at.
ec3f5c6c8f3b29f65294b498335f31fa.jpg

Neither can calculate or account for wind speed. RTH is calculated by distance and speed. If it has a tailwind going out and you fly out to 55% don't expect to get it back.

Ok so does Litchi automatically account for distance and speed? As a test I ran my battery to 7% and it never did a force return to home like the DJI GO app does. It did alert me but it did not start the RTH process. I see that you can set custom values on RTH but does it work the same as the DJI Go App because I could not get it to do it.

If I recall correctly I thought that Litchi had a "slider bar" up at the top of the display where the "red" RTH portion of battery life would keep increasing as long as you were heading outbound. I will have to look tonite to see if there were any other settings available.

Litchi does have the bar at the top that tells you when the RTH limit will be reached and mine starts returning to home. Make sure the settings are set that way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman