DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Litchi run off of DJI GO app??

Tridiver

Reactions
I"m wondering if the same problems will occur?? Eg, having issues with device connections with the new app version.

Thx K, so I shouldn't have any of the issues?? I have the Litchi app just tried it once couldn't get it too work, and went back to Go 4. Do I need to have the Go app installed for litchi to work?? Thx Bolton

No, you do not need to have DJI Go installed. I keep both apps on all of my devices. With that said I strongly recommend that you carefully read the Litchi user manual prior to planning a complicated mission. YouTube has great videos on this subject. Finally, this forum is an excellent resource for useful information.

Happy and safe flights!

P

Reactions: Drone Master
I have used Litchi a few times successfully. I took off with the Go 4 app. When in the air Litchi would not function. I'm on iOS, so I had to completely terminate the Go 4 app to bring Litchi up. Just a normal exit won't do it... you have to completely stop the Go 4 processes. After a few times doing that I just started using manual take off on the RC without ever using Go 4 when I was using Litchi. Then it was all quite a bit less complicated. I assume Android also has a way to stop a running app.

I have used Litchi a few times successfully. I took off with the Go 4 app. When in the air Litchi would not function. I'm on iOS, so I had to completely terminate the Go 4 app to bring Litchi up. Just a normal exit won't do it... you have to completely stop the Go 4 processes. After a few times doing that I just started using manual take off on the RC without ever using Go 4 when I was using Litchi. Then it was all quite a bit less complicated. I assume Android also has a way to stop a running app.

Yes, Litchi uses the functions created by DJI, but you don't want the DJI apps running at the same time you run Litchi. It only makes sense that you don't want two programs that both can do same stuff competing for control. Close all the DJI apps and launch Litchi. Don't look back. You won't regret it, especially if you want to run Waypoints. I've been running Litchi Waypoint missions commercially for months and wouldn't think of using anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teflon9-1-1
After a few times doing that I just started using manual take off on the RC without ever using Go 4 when I was using Litchi. Then it was all quite a bit less complicated. I assume Android also has a way to stop a running app.

I always start with the Go 4 app, just to ensure all of my settings are properly configured. There are, as described above, many settings in Go 4 that are not available to Litchi. After I do my once-over check with DJI Go, I close it completely (terminate it), and then start up Litchi to fly as I wish. You can do this while still on the ground or while in flight. I've not had issues either way.

Though settings should stay as they were previously configured (between flights, batteries, days, etc.), I don't trust DJI Go enough to start Litchi without a pre-flight check of my settings first in Go 4. I'd hate to find out, after the fact, that my RTH height was set too low or that I had the video settings to .MOV when I wanted .MP4. Too many times have I started up my Mavic, only to discover that my settings aren't as I wanted them for that next flight, so I've just always made it part of my routine.

Last edited:
I always start with the Go 4 app, just to ensure all of my settings are properly configured. There are, as described above, many settings in Go 4 that are not available to Litchi. Once I do my once-over check with DJI Go, I close it completely (terminate it), and then start up Litchi to fly as I wish. You can do this while still on the ground or while in flight. I've not had issues either way.

Though settings should stay as they were previously configured (between flights, batteries, days, etc.), I don't trust DJI Go enough to start Litchi without a pre-flight check of my settings first in Go 4. I'd hate to find out, after the fact, that my RTH height was set too low or that I had the video settings to .MOV when I wanted .MP4. Too many times have I started up my Mavic, only to discover that my settings aren't as I wanted them for that next flight, so I've just always made it part of my routine.

Lisadoc -- I'm sure you already know this, but just in case.... the examples you cite can be set in LItchi.

Reactions: ksmusa
Anybody here got some tips on how to keep the Litchi app from starting automatically and taking over from the DJI go 4? I turn off the Litchi app, but it automatically takes over from DJI on start up. I'm using a Samsung Android phone. I need the DJI app to get updates for the equipment.

Anybody here got some tips on how to keep the Litchi app from starting automatically and taking over from the DJI go 4? I turn off the Litchi app, but it automatically takes over from DJI on start up. I'm using a Samsung Android phone. I need the DJI app to get updates for the equipment.
I've been having problems with my s8 giving me disconnections with the go4 app when I've got them both installed for some reason Samsung doesn't like having both app's installed together. It's quite scary when your flying about with go4 app and then boom you've got no video feed and data on the controller lucky I was just in Los. The controller Still works but you don't have video or data. It was happening a few times and I couldn't figure out what was going on then I uninstalled litchi and the disconnections went away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes