DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Pro really mean "PRO" on the Mavic

No - and not on the PRO 2 either (my drone).
A pro film drone is defined by it's ability to capture any situation and that means:
1. Ability to carry full frame cameras with interchangeable lenses hanging in a full controlled motorized 3-way gimbel system (usually 7-8 motors for gimbal and camera control). That alone is a payload of 3-5 kg.
2: Ability to exceed speeds over 100 km/h. To be able to, in a cinematic way, to track (both follow and fly-by) moving objects.
3: 2 man operation - 1 flies, 1 films. The perfect shot demands 2 man operation. No one-man drone can do both.
4: Airal and flight time enough power for 1-3 and a very solid frame.
.... so no.
I have to politely disagree, as the definition of the word "pro" means something that is used by a professional, or is used professionally. I know for a fact that MANY real estate photographers and other "professionals" use drones such as the mp2 and the p4p for paid work. Thus, even a Mavic air could be used "professionally."

There is a critical point not yet discussed here and one that answers the question with fact, rather than feeling: the M2P shoots video that meets the full technical requirement for broadcast TV, as defined by the Digital Production Partnership of all the major global broadcasters and content creators, like the BBC. No other drone, below Inspire level offers that ability. So, clearly it has been designed with professional application in mind, whatever people 'feel' the definition of 'pro' is, the fact is that this drone can (and is) be used for broadcast content creation, which answers the question. No 'I feel that pro means this' nonsense!

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1