DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Smart Controller Treat Low-battery Landings Different Than the Standard Mavic 2 Controller?

jelarv

Reactions
I had 14% battery remaining and my Mavic 2 started to automatically land. On my Smart Controller, I tried pressing the clear "X" on the left side of the screen below but nothing happened (the drone continued to land). I've seen some people on YouTube with a Mavic 2 get all the way down to 0% before landing and so I don't know what I should be doing to stop the low-battery automatic landing. Is it a limitation to the SC?

Somewhat related, when I search the internet for "turn off low battery beeping" multiple people say to do a short press of the "On/Off" button but when I try this on the SC, it just makes the screen go dark.

Can't Stop Landing.png

To prevent landing during this, you need to push the left stick up and hold it there.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I tried pressing the clear "X" on the left side of the screen below but nothing happened (the drone continued to land). ....... I don't know what I should be doing to stop the low-battery automatic landing. Is it a limitation to the SC?

The logic is in the firmware of the drone so it has nothing to do with the RC. low-battery ( should be critical battery ) level triggered autolanding cannot be cancelled as explained in the manual but you can fight against it. You can stop the descent by applying about 80% up throttle and hold it there. If you push the throttle all the way up, it is actually possible to make the drone ascend slowly.

This is a test I have done on my M2P. You can see that I could control the rate of descent and move the drone around in the process :

Last edited:
It would seem to me that if you are at 15% battery, it is time to get it on the ground and put in a new battery. The remaining battery is an estimated number, and why take a chance on it dropping out of the sky. But, that's just me I guess.

I´m not sure if it starts auto landing because of the % or the voltage of the battery! You can have 20% but still a low voltage! And everything under 3,60 volts under load harms the battery!

My mini still runs and flies, after it reads 0% battery. I believe that its a built in safety, so 0, really isn't 0.

Reactions: boblui
In most technical devices, 0 isn't 0.
But that's why you can see the voltage on your controller...thats a definite number.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwooden12