DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does sunlight affect the MA2 front sensors

Mick Tonks

Reactions
Hi guys , hope you are well. 6am this morning I was in a very large field practicing some drone manoeuvres. While moving forward in normal mode the drone abruptly stopped and it wouldn’t allow me to move any further while still pushing the stick . I was able to reverse ,up , down etc , it was only when I rotated the drone did it start to move forward again . The drone was facing straight into the sun more or less with a nd32 on the lens . This happened a couple of times while flying this morning . As anybody had similar experiences. I’d be interested to know . Thankyou

Reactions: Hauptmann
Hi guys , hope you are well. 6am this morning I was in a very large field practicing some drone manoeuvres. While moving forward in normal mode the drone abruptly stopped and it wouldn’t allow me to move any further while still pushing the stick . I was able to reverse ,up , down etc , it was only when I rotated the drone did it start to move forward again . The drone was facing straight into the sun more or less with a nd32 on the lens . This happened a couple of times while flying this morning . As anybody had similar experiences. I’d be interested to know . Thankyou
yes direct sunlight will make the sensors think there is an obstacle in front of the drone ,this happens on other mavics as well

out of curiosity, if you were using a higher nd filter does this still happen?
it has nothing to do with the camera, it is the obstacle avoidance sensors that are fooled into thinking there is something in front of the drone

Ah, as with "active track" and call me crazy... i thought the camera was part of the front facing obstacle avoidance... but yup, on 2nd thought...even if that were case and sensors alone picked up an obstacle (bright sun, in this case...) yeah, camera is moot...? I'm planning to pick up an Air 2 next week, so good to know. I guess/assume, if your in sport mode or manually turn off sensors, this becomes a "non- issue"...?

it has nothing to do with the camera, it is the obstacle avoidance sensors that are fooled into thinking there is something in front of the drone
Hi there. , it was the same nd filter throughout the flight . I mentioned the filter as apart of my description as too what I was doing at the time. . I did have a strong suspicion it maybe the sensors and asked the more experienced pilots for there thoughts. But Thankyou for your reply . Regards.....Mick

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser