DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the air 3 have remote ID ?

Yes. As required for drones manufactured since Dec. 16 2022.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
So far have not heard from anyone that it is "active." Whether it has RID capable or not (which we are pretty sure it does), not going to matter much until there is a DoC on file with the FAA. Doesn't need to be done today but surely before Sep 16. I guess DJI needs to find the right person at the company to file these properly. 🤣

BTW, the Mavic 3 Pro received DoC the day before launch day.

• Haha
Reactions: Cafguy
So far have not heard from anyone that it is "active." Whether it has RID capable or not (which we are pretty sure it does), not going to matter much until there is a DoC on file with the FAA. Doesn't need to be done today but surely before Sep 16. I guess DJI needs to find the right person at the company to file these properly. 🤣

BTW, the Mavic 3 Pro received DoC the day before launch day.
Yes, you activate it as a step in the initial setup process. As I recall you are asked if you want to enable it - not sure what happens if you answer, "No". . . RID is built into the serial number of RID capable drones, so when you add a new drone to your fleet on the FAA site, it will ask if it has RID built-in, and will reject any serial number that doesn't contain the correct RID string.

Reactions: Torque
I thought you had to sign up for some provider to make sure it was always online?

I thought you had to sign up for some provider to make sure it was always online?

“If your drone has built-in Remote ID capability​

Most new drones sold in the U.S. from major manufacturers like DJI and Skydio likely fit this bill. Odds are older drones, or drones that are DIY-oriented, typically would not.

If Remote ID capability is built into your drone, that means that — throughout the period from takeoff to shutdown — your drone is broadcasting its unique drone ID, location, altitude, velocity, control station location and elevation, time mark and emergency status.”

From this article . . .

Good question. I didn't see anything on the DJI site that indicated remote ID is active
I added mine to my FAA account so yes it has Remote ID. You can no longer add an aircraft without it or renew your license without it. You can renew if you have an addon module also.

I added mine to my FAA account so yes it has Remote ID. You can no longer add an aircraft without it or renew your license without it. You can renew if you have an addon module also.
I was able to renew my recreational FAA registration without any references to RID. All I have is one drone in my inventory, the Mini 2, and for RID I chose No. My registration status is:
EXPIRES
12/12/2026

I should add, when the FAA tells me I should start building my fleet and listing RID numbers, I'll include a dozen more drones. When I first got my recreational registration, my understanding is individual drones did not have to be listed and one FAA registration was assigned to all my drones. Even though I read about it and heard about it all over creation, I'll go in and make the adjustment when I get my marching orders.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Well i must have missed something then as i could not seem to renew without adding a RID #. Good to know it can still be done.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet