DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the Cine (Smart) con?troller add any functionality to Mavic 3?

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
So... I'm a bit confused, because when reading through the specs, the standard drone remote uses OS2, but the marketing material suggests that the "Mavic 3" uses OS3+

And I haven't seen an * that says that OS3+ is only made possible by the Pro Remote, but... it seems that may be the case? Can anyone confirm?

Also... beyond that... I do get that there's advantages to the Pro Remote, but I'm still not sold on why it's worth $1500 more (Australian)? The screen is bright, but only 5.5". Any phone would be bigger, and tablets even better, and I think that's a HUGE factor.

I understand it's "easier" to set up with no cables, and quicker to get flying, but it seems to be at a high price, and actually offers less battery life... (Half compared to a standard remote if not charging the device).

So... can someone tell me why I'd want the Pro Remote? Extra range/transmission quality? Extra custom buttons?

What is the killer features that makes it a no-brainer over a regular remote used with a large screen?

If I get this remote, am I probably going to be able to use it to fly an Inspire, or some other future DJI drone? (Seems like O3+ is just one step in the Signal transmission timeline, so when 4+ comes out, my $1500 remote... not that cool anymore...?)

And... does anyone have the pro remote but still take advantage of an iPad/large phone for the extra real estate it offers?

So... I'm a bit confused, because when reading through the specs, the standard drone remote uses OS2, but the marketing material suggests that the "Mavic 3" uses OS3+

And I haven't seen an * that says that OS3+ is only made possible by the Pro Remote, but... it seems that may be the case? Can anyone confirm?

Also... beyond that... I do get that there's advantages to the Pro Remote, but I'm still not sold on why it's worth $1500 more (Australian)? The screen is bright, but only 5.5". Any phone would be bigger, and tablets even better, and I think that's a HUGE factor.

I understand it's "easier" to set up with no cables, and quicker to get flying, but it seems to be at a high price, and actually offers less battery life... (Half compared to a standard remote if not charging the device).

So... can someone tell me why I'd want the Pro Remote? Extra range/transmission quality? Extra custom buttons?

What is the killer features that makes it a no-brainer over a regular remote used with a large screen?

If I get this remote, am I probably going to be able to use it to fly an Inspire, or some other future DJI drone? (Seems like O3+ is just one step in the Signal transmission timeline, so when 4+ comes out, my $1500 remote... not that cool anymore...?)

And... does anyone have the pro remote but still take advantage of an iPad/large phone for the extra real estate it offers?
I have the original Smart Remote and think it is worth every penny I paid for it. So much easier to use and operate, no worries about my phone moving around in the old remote, no worries about phone calls interrupting a flight and I am up in the air in 30 seconds, able to see my image on screen well regardless of the situation. Worth every penny.

Cordially,

Mark

Reactions: waternut13134

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones