DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the quality/speed of the SD card in the controller matter for screen recording?

shadow3467

Reactions
I've been having really underwhelming signal with the mini 3 pro and want to record my screen to post it online

Two questions

1. Can I fly the drone without an SD card if I don't intend to take any footage, and use the SD card in the controller instead to screen record?

2. If not, and in the case that I will need another memory card for the controller, I'm wanting something small like 32gb since I wont record much but does speed of the card matter?

I've been having really underwhelming signal with the mini 3 pro and want to record my screen to post it online

Two questions

1. Can I fly the drone without an SD card if I don't intend to take any footage, and use the SD card in the controller instead to screen record?

2. If not, and in the case that I will need another memory card for the controller, I'm wanting something small like 32gb since I wont record much but does speed of the card matter?
These are the recommended Micro SD cards for the Mini 3 Pro, I would use them in both RC & Drone.
  • Supported Memory Cards​

• UHS-I Speed Class 3 or above is required.
    A list of recommended microSD cards can be found below.
  • Recommended microSD Cards​

• SanDisk Extreme 64GB V30 A1 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme 512GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme Pro 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme Pro 400GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    SanDisk High Endurance 64GB V30 microSDXC
    SanDisk High Endurance 256GB V30 microSDXC
    SanDisk Max Endurance 32GB V30 microSDHC
    SanDisk Max Endurance 128GB V30 microSDXC
    SanDisk Max Endurance 256GB V30 microSDXC
    Kingston Canvas Go!Plus 64GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Kingston Canvas Go!Plus 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Lexar High Endurance 64GB V30 microSDXC
    Lexar High Endurance 128GB V30 microSDXC
    Lexar 667x 64GB V30 A1 microSDXC
    Lexar 633x 256GB V30 A1 microSDXC
    Lexar 1066x 64GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Lexar 1066x 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Lexar 1066x 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Samsung Pro Plus 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC
    Samsung EVO Plus 512GB microSDXC

Two questions

I suggest using a card capable of being used for hi-res video in the drone. The ones I'm using are $16 for a 64 gb model and $14 for 32 gb. You could spend half that for a slower card to put in the controller. But, you'll almost certainly soon want to shoot video with the M#P and you'd have to buy a new card.

Also, the high-speed card is going to be suitable for any other device you might have or get - e-reader, phone, recorder, trail camera, camera, ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J