DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

does this camera look like it's installed correctly?

caplanner

Reactions
I noticed that the small rubber tabs in the following picture are not in the brackets - both tabs are pointed the same direction (port) so it's making me suspicious that it wasn't installed correctly. Are the tabs meant to be in the brackets or resting on the bottom as shown in the picture.

What does yours look like?

Thanks.

Your tabs have not been located in casing holes.
Here are some photos of mine.

View attachment 88555

View attachment 88556

View attachment 88557

Yes, mine are not located in the casing holes like your mini. It looks like mine was assemble
Your tabs have not been located in casing holes.
Here are some photos of mine.

View attachment 88555

View attachment 88556

View attachment 88557

Yes, mine are not located in the casing holes like your mini. It looks like mine was assembled incorrectly as both tabs are facing to the port side of the AC.

Hi, difficult to see in your picture but it looks not symetric as it should be.

check on this teardown blog some picture of the gimbal mounting/unmounting.

DJI Mavic Mini Teardown : What's inside?

Thank you for the link. I'll contact DJI for warranty support and see what they have to say. It's a shame as I have no idea how long it's going to take to get a replacement.

why do you need for replacement, don't you can to push that rubber in the holes? Is it something broken there or what?

Reactions: TDZHDTV
Strange how this could have been assembled so badly , I'm surprised the DJI quality insurance didn't pick this up, as you can see from the tear-down that DJI drones are well put together with a lot of interlocking parts
Did these tabs pop out due to a crash ?

Anyway the highlighted bit in red needs to lifted up and flipped over so that it faces inwards, whoever put this in put it in upside down.

Then you can use a flat bladed screw driver to push the rubber tabs back through the rectangular holes on each side as in the second picture

1576943670671.png1576944354475.png

Last edited:
Yes, mine are not located in the casing holes like your mini. It looks like mine was assemble

Yes, mine are not located in the casing holes like your mini. It looks like mine was assembled incorrectly as both tabs are facing to the port side of the AC.

why do you need for replacement, don't you can to push that rubber in the holes? Is it something broken there or what?

It wasn't broken - just assembled backwards. I looked more closely and saw the tab just slipped over its bracket. I slipped it off, turned it over and put it back on. Then I pushed the tabs in the holes.

Strange how this could have been assembled so badly , I'm surprised the DJI quality insurance didn't pick this up, as you can see from the tear-down that DJI drones are well put together with a lot of interlocking parts
Did these tabs pop out due to a crash ?

Anyway the highlighted bit in red needs to lifted up and flipped over so that it faces inwards, whoever put this in put it in upside down.

Then you can use a flat bladed screw driver to push the rubber tabs back through the rectangular holes on each side as in the second picture

I tried flipping it over and in the process saw that the tab is just slipped over the bracket - I removed it, turned it around and put it back on the bracket. Then I just used the handy screw driver to push both tabs where they should be.

Thanks.

View attachment 88566View attachment 88567

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov