DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does your gimbal clamp, stay clamped?

KiterTodd

Reactions
I'd like to think I treat my Mavic gently, as I certainly don't throw the bag around that contains it, but I'm not treating it like a fragile egg either. I trust the padded case I'm carrying it in to protect it from normal bumps.

That said, most of the time when I take out the Mavic, I find that the gimbal is halfway out of the gimbal clamp. Instead of being fixed straight ahead as I left it, it's kind of lifted out of the clamp and pointed up, I guess.

My clamp seems to be solid and I believe I mount it securely as there is really only one way to get it in.

Does anyone else have this problem and are there better clamps I can use?

I saw a video this week of an aftermarket lens hood that has an integrated gimbal clamp. If that works, I may try it, but I was concerned the design of it would stress the gimbal on removal (since you tilt the hood upon release as opposed to lifting it straight off).

My OEM gimbal clamp always remains secure when I attach it properly (like this). I started using this all-in-one gimbal clamp. It's not more secure, but it's easier to use since it's both a clamp and cover.

Last edited:
My OEM gimbal clamp always remains secure when I attach it properly (like this). I started using this all-in-one gimbal clamp. It's not more secure, but it's easier to use since it's both a clamp and cover.
Thanks for the reply, @msinger
I do attach the OEM clamp as shown in the video. I'd like to say it used to work and now it is not reliable. Perhaps the plastic tabs are worn or bent just enough that the don't hold.

In any case, the all-in-one you linked is the same one I had seen. I can't tell from the images how it holds the gimbal without forcing the camera around when you install it and take it off, but if you say it works, I'll get one. It's a lot cheaper than a drone repair!

You just need to tilt the camera forward at about a 45 degree angle, slide the tabs into the back of the camera, and then snap the gimbal cover into place. It works very well.

Reactions: KiterTodd
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green