DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't care about smaller toy drones - Give us a better Mavic camera!

Anita Holder

Reactions
Dear DJI,

I think I speak for many people on this forum, that is, your customers. I can't foresee the future, even just 5 days in the future. However, I think a lot of us would really like to see a Phantom 4 Pro-type camera on a Mavic-type airframe, using Occusync. I think most of us are not interested in smaller, toy drones, with all the limitations they have.

How about it? How about giving your customers what they really want - a great camera on a great flying platform?

Thank you.

How about giving your customers what they really want - a great camera on a great flying platform?
They already have that - it's called a Phantom 4.

You see, the trick to maximizing revenue is to not compete with yourself. We'll see better cameras on Mavic-like platforms, but not until the Phantoms step it up a notch as well.

Reactions: tcope and Mr G

You see, the trick to maximizing revenue is to not compete with yourself. We'll see better cameras on Mavic-like platforms, but not until the Phantoms step it up a notch as well.

Exactly. For any given size of technology, there's a larger and more capable/powerful version.

Laptops and PCs. Handhelds and consoles.

There will always be drones that sacrifice power for portability (Mavic) and drones that are less portable but more capable (Phantom).

More portable / Cost less / More powerful. Pick two.

Exactly. For any given size of technology, there's a larger and more capable/powerful version.

Laptops and PCs. Handhelds and consoles.

There will always be drones that sacrifice power for portability (Mavic) and drones that are less portable but more capable (Phantom).

More portable / Cost less / More powerful. Pick two.
All true, except... the Mavic form and size are a thing of the future.

Eventually drones will just gravitate in that direction, some with remarkable cameras.

Might as well be DJI, and the Mavic, right?

All true, except... the Mavic form and size are a thing of the future.

Eventually drones will just gravitate in that direction, some with remarkable cameras.

Might as well be DJI, and the Mavic, right?

Yes, there will be drones smaller than the Mavic with more advanced cameras.

And there will be drones bigger than the Mavic with better cameras, and there will be drone operators who value that increased camera capability over the portability of the Mavic X.

Or until one of their competitors releases a better camera ;)

Absolutely agree with you - The Mavic with P4Pro camera or equivalent to fit the compactness of the Mavic & I am sold!
Sold all of my Phantom range including my P4Pro since getting the Mavic when it was 1st released. Love it - fly it - don't need extra 360 sensors just a camera upgrade to mechanical aperture is all.............are you LISTENING DJI?????????.................NOT!

100% agree! Hopefully the Mavic Pro II will have a better camera. 60Mbps limit on 4K@30 fps is just too low for the kind of footage I would like.

The camera is Mavic’s Achilles’ heel. Mavic 2 should address this issue. I’m sure it’s on the horizon.

WAIT A MINUTE! As someone who has had several broken gimbal assemblies and cameras as a result of some "moderate" crashes (even small tree limbs, etc), I am really hoping that DJI can make a more heavy duty and perhaps a much more "crash resistant" gimbal/camera assembly on all future models of their otherwise great drones! This would be even more important to me than new whiz-bang features, as none of these aren't much good if you can't fly it or must spend tons of money and time repairing broken parts, etc. My last gimbal repair cost me around $500! And yes, I've even repaired some gimbals myself, but not fun. And enough is enough!

WAIT A MINUTE! As someone who has had several broken gimbal assemblies and cameras as a result of some "moderate" crashes (even small tree limbs, etc), I am really hoping that DJI can make a more heavy duty and perhaps a much more "crash resistant" gimbal/camera assembly on all future models of their otherwise great drones! This would be even more important to me than new whiz-bang features, as none of these aren't much good if you can't fly it or must spend tons of money and time repairing broken parts, etc. My last gimbal repair cost me around $500! And yes, I've even repaired some gimbals myself, but not fun. And enough is enough!
MP gimbal is pretty fragile and seems to be damaged with most crashes.

Watched a crash test with the Mavic Air, guy repeatedly flying into tree at different speeds and survived every one.
Not sure whether it's the gimbal that's more robust or the fact it's more shielded. Either way it's a step in the right direction.

The answer is simple. Quit crashing!

Just bustin your chops :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO