DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Down Facing Sensor Issue

BRDVPRA

Reactions
As I was headed to the home point today (very new Mavic Pro), an error popped up saying something about the ground sensor failed, be careful in landing and land now. I landed it safely. Now when it takes off it slows down at 4ft, but continues to rise. Forward did not seem to work and down and was very sluggish, but I got it down. The status light went solid red during flight.

This was the 3 battery. The bottom was warm, but not hot by any means. It was at dusk and I was over water that was truly glass calm.

No wrecks or water exposure. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Maybe it's just the condition you were in @ that time, try to clean those sensors w/ a soft brush and try again.JMHO

May be an obvious question - but being a "very new Mavic Pro" - have you checked all the sensors to make sure that the protective clear-plastic disks have been removed??

It ended up being conditions. I flew it this morning and all is well. I have another question. I went through the warnings in settings and uploaded the flight logs to the D)I viewer and neither contained the critical warning I received? Where would I go to see the critical warnings?

Also when you fly into the sun do you just turn obstacle avoidance off? Mine keeps throwing an obstacle warning and stopping flight. Usually I am 150ft.

It ended up being conditions. I flew it this morning and all is well. I have another question. I went through the warnings in settings and uploaded the flight logs to the D)I viewer and neither contained the critical warning I received? Where would I go to see the critical warnings?

Also when you fly into the sun do you just turn obstacle avoidance off? Mine keeps throwing an obstacle warning and stopping flight. Usually I am 150ft.

Switching to Sports Mode will disable the sensor if you're flying into the sun or fly it backward.

Well the issue on take off has returned in full daylight. Status show ready to fly with all systems normal. As it takes off, the status light on drone blinks green rapidly then slows blinking. Hover continues to slowly climb. As soon as it lifts off the Visual Navigation Setting indicator turns red. No warnings are displayed or captured and it does not seem to show up in the flight log. Any help is appreciated.

The up and down stick barely works. Very dead and sluggish..

And the fan on the drone is running pretty hard after going up and down.

Last edited:

I had my MMP stop 20' in front of me over the edge of a cliff due to obstacle avoidance. Turned out to be the glare from the sun, I turned sideways and came back in sideways facing away from the sun. Really confusing at the time but after reviewing the video I saw the "rainbow" and understood why it did that. **** things are smarter than I am some times!

I had my MMP stop 20' in front of me over the edge of a cliff due to obstacle avoidance. Turned out to be the glare from the sun, I turned sideways and came back in sideways facing away from the sun. Really confusing at the time but after reviewing the video I saw the "rainbow" and understood why it did that. **** things are smarter than I am some times!

I thought it was sun related so I took it to full shade and nothing changed.

After calling DJI twice... once to tell me to update the firmware which I did :-( and the second time to walk me through an IMU calibration all seems to be well.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mdecker72