DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downloaded maps don’t match the selected rectangle

super_claret

Reactions
Just getting to grips with my new Mini 4 Pro and in the process of downloading offline maps. The problem I’m having is the selected rectangle doesn’t match the downloaded map tile. I’ve attached screenshots. The first image is the selected area and the second is the downloaded map, which represents a fraction of what I wanted to download. What am I doing wrong?

The rectangles are not even the same shape so it’s impossible to know when selecting an area that I have the whole area needed!

Screenshot_20240623-091520.png

Screenshot_20240623-091545.png

Yeah, unusually for DJI, the way that works is beyond unintuitive and may be crossing into 'actively unhelpful' territory !
I had a fairly horrible time trying to preload maps for most of my home town and surrounding areas, initially getting quite confused about which controls zoom the map (pinch?), and which ones zoom the box (also pinch?), AND I also had the same problem as you, in that what I told it to download wasn't necessarily the area I got !

And I had an additional issue, where every map I tried to download would stop at 98 or 99% and just wait there indefinitely, but I realised we can fix that by going to the downloaded tab, and pausing and resuming the download. Bit of a weird workflow tho...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonyack