DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downloading files from mavic 2

wes93j

Reactions
I'm having issues with transferring files from the bird to my phone and computer.... I never seem to get all the videos I've shot. Sumtimes they're in 4k then Sumtimes they are distorted. I just want to know the best way to get my 4k videos from drone to phone and computer. With my mavic air, they just seem to always be on my phone /device

I put nothing on my iPhone. It all goes on the micro SD card. Then I physically remove it from my M2Z and insert it directly to my computer. I erase via the drone after I'm done. Obviously there may be a better way to do it but I've incurred no issues doing it this way. Each video will be a max 5 minutes long so you may have several.

First, from the description its not clear how the videos are being stored when they are being taken while flying.

Are they recorded to the internal drone memory?

Are they recorded to the removable micro SD card?

If recording to the internal drone memory not sure what the drone does when it gets full of videos? Someone will know here but can only think of two possible options;
1) stop recording (videos lost past device full) My guess is this one
2) delete older videos and replace with newest videos? My guess is NOT this one

Are you flying with a Micro SD card?

If so, what size and type of Micro SD card are you flying with?
If so, how are you confirming which device its going to record to?

Getting any data off the internal drone memory requires the drone to be power up (not necessarily to the controller either) but burning a battery that has to be recharged later.

I use the Micro SD all the time. Drone off, and or drone battery not installed and just remove the Micro SD card and place it in my adapter for the computer.

Have not lost any data (videos or pictures). Only if I inadvertently turn off recording while flying.

All videos and pictures placed on computer. Not sure 4K will even help make any better picture on a phone. Sure looks good on a big screen TV though.

There are a lot of videos out there that walk folks through setting up camera and Internal vs Micro SD card for recording and how to confirm which will be used.

Review the YouTube videos and double check your settings. Confirm your set up with screen shots of your settings before you fly. Make a couple of flights and check back in, let us know if things are working or not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conny.malmen