DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downloading files from multiple micro sd cards

captshaq

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots! Question: I routinely come back from a job with 3-4 x 128gb micro SD cards filled to the brim. I use iPadPro to download from the card directly to my Sandisk extreme 2TB SSD via the Hyper iPad hub (using the usb-c 3 port and card reader - both located on the hub), using the Files app on the iPad Pro, rename files individually - then edit with Lumafusion. The download process works well but takes a lot of time. Does anyone know/use a different method (assuming the same setup)? Any idea of an app that would 1. Recognize a new address card inserted 2. Ask for download location (or use a default location) 3. Download & rename the files automatically - or am I asking for too much?

Thanks!

I can rename in bulk on my Mac, but I don’t think I can do this on my iPad - which is what I have in the field in most cases

I can rename in bulk on my Mac, but I don’t think I can do this on my iPad - which is what I have in the field in most cases
Ah. I have nothing to suggest regarding an app for the iPad.

The best I can suggest is to buy three or four more SD cards and do all the file manipulation and archival at home on the Mac that you use for editing.

That's kinda where "iPad is a computer" falls apart.
Which is why I have both iPad Pro and the MBP - each serves a different purpose (with some overlap) in my toolkit. An iOS app that can automatically download a newly inserted card into an external drive & rename the files may already exist out there - hence my question. Looking forward to helpful answers… :)

Ah. I have nothing to suggest regarding an app for the iPad.

The best I can suggest is to buy three or four more SD cards and do all the file manipulation and archival at home on the Mac that you use for editing.
Yep, that’s what I do in some cases (when I have time), but in other cases I have to present the work while still in the field so I use the iPad. Back in the stills days I was using Photo Mechanic which did an amazing job - but iOS support is still an open feature on their page since last year so… fingers crossed!

Reactions: MS Coast
I have put my micro sd right in the tablet and watched them from there. But typically I use a 256 GB micro SD with latest features, and put into a usb 3 port on my PC and it uploads super fast. Used for 2 years without problem on my MA2. It works well without flaws and uploads nicely and quickly on a USB 3 port and cable. They're about $26 to $30 on amazon. Not sure if the A2 performs any faster or not, but its like $20 more.

Lexar High-Performance 633x 256GB microSDXC UHS-I Card​

Hello fellow pilots! Question: I routinely come back from a job with 3-4 x 128gb micro SD cards filled to the brim. I use iPadPro to download from the card directly to my Sandisk extreme 2TB SSD via the Hyper iPad hub (using the usb-c 3 port and card reader - both located on the hub), using the Files app on the iPad Pro, rename files individually - then edit with Lumafusion. The download process works well but takes a lot of time. Does anyone know/use a different method (assuming the same setup)? Any idea of an app that would 1. Recognize a new address card inserted 2. Ask for download location (or use a default location) 3. Download & rename the files automatically - or am I asking for too much?

Thanks!
Probably capture one for iPad can do that…

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan