DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downtown Dallas 4K Drone edit

Nice video but did you get a waiver to fly over all the streets ?

Busy streets are of limits unless u have a waiver

I may be wrong I looked it up and it said if people are in an enclosed vehicle it is OK on the Faa website ? to me it is one of those gray areas because you don’t know if people are walking around under the drone

Wow! Awesome shot of Dallas Love Field at 0:33. It appears you're east of downtown and on the approach end of 31. I personally would be scared to death to fly where you are flying, but that's just me. No Reunion Tower shots?

Hi, Bhines1982.
Welcome to our forum!
Loved your video--skyline shots are phenomenal! I must say, your B roll footage is better than my A roll stuff, but then, I'm just a hobbyist. It looks like the streets and sidewalks you flew over were almost deserted, so I wouldn't worry too much about having flown over people. They were mostly in cars anyway. It's not like you hovered over crowds.

As to the waivers: download AirMap (free). Find DAL (Dallas Love Field), and click on its icon. Then you will see the limits of Class B airspace surrounding DAL and DFW airports. You will then be directed to the FAA site to apply for a waiver. Waivers take a long time to get approved, but they are good for up to 2 years, so you'll be legal the next time you need to fly in DAL Class B airspace. DAL is tougher because they don't participate in LAANC. DFW does, as do most other airports in the area. LAANC (again, free) lets you apply for and get permish on line, almost instantly.

You can get waivers for flying over people, flying at night, etc. You might also want to download (also free) the sectional chart for the area, which will show restricted areas as well as location and elevation of antennas, towers, and other potential obstructions.

BTW, I checked out your website. I predict you will be quite successful, and a welcome addition to our forum!
Regards,

Hauptmann

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S