DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone assist

Max Headroom

Reactions
I have downloaded the app and i can use the map to view areas i am not allowed to fly in or near (Red, orange and blue circles etc) but when i click "Plans" or "ME" i am shown the registration page when i try to register i cannot finish registration because the blue "Create Account" button is behind the "Terms and conditions" link pressing the blue button takes me to the T&C's page is this a common problem and is there a way round it?

Thanks in advance.

Yes i can check that ok the blue "Create Account" button is just below it and i cannot click on it due to the "Terms and conditions" link being on top of it.

some pages require you to turn the phone a certain way before some buttons will work. You can try that, Is the phone connected to the controller? Is it on? which Device are you using?

Reactions: hiflyer201
I have downloaded the app and i can use the map to view areas i am not allowed to fly in or near (Red, orange and blue circles etc) but when i click "Plans" or "ME" i am shown the registration page when i try to register i cannot finish registration because the blue "Create Account" button is behind the "Terms and conditions" link pressing the blue button takes me to the T&C's page is this a common problem and is there a way round it?

Thanks in advance.
The UK version of Drone Assist for android devices doesn't require registration for it to display all NFZ's and warning zones.

some pages require you to turn the phone a certain way before some buttons will work. You can try that, Is the phone connected to the controller? Is it on? which Device are you using?
I dont have my drone its on its way.

I am curious, with all the open 'unrestricted', scenic places in the Lake District why consider flying in or attempting to fly in areas where the airspace has conditions or is completely barred ?

Thanks for the info so you dont use "Plans" or "ME" just the maps.
If you have no intention of registering a flight with Altitude Angel, there is no need to have an account.

There is currently no legal requirement to register where or when you intend to fly your drone before you fly it as long as you aren't trying to fly in a restricted area (airspace within a certain radius of an airport, airspace surrounding a prison, or any other establishment classed as sensitive)

The only other reason why AA might like you to have an account is to charge you a fee for unlocking certain areas: or to ensure you have to go through them to process an unlock request, also not a legal requirement.

If you play around with clicking on the coloured zones, you will find that the red ones are the official No Fly Zones (NFZ's) that you have to go through the CAA to obtain flying permissions for, the text notation that appears as a pop-up menu at the bottom of the screen will show you the relevant NOTAM text (official notice to airmen from the CAA).

With the blue circles or shapes, some are official (with relevant NOTAM text: which means they are essentially temporary no fly zones - those without a NOTAM are advisories (private individuals registering that they will be flying at a certain location at a specific date and time: usually commercial flights by small business providers).

The yellow circles or shapes are warning zones - just telling you that you might face difficulties or raise concerns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max Headroom
I am curious, with all the open 'unrestricted', scenic places in the Lake District why consider flying in or attempting to fly in areas where the airspace has conditions or is completely barred ?

I am not considering flying where i shouldn't being new to the hobby i wanted to know where i am not allowed to fly and where i am, i live near Barrow-in-furness so obviously Walney airport and the shipyard would be restricted but its the blue ones i was not aware of which i assume can pop up anywhere.

dddde.jpg

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I wondered what the second place was in Barrow-in_Furness, guess it's the shipyard.
There's also a second danger (red) zone near Seascale out into the Irish Sea that's a bit odd, or there is on my Drone Assist.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
checksix