DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Drone capturing Hangglider

I like it but a bit close at times.
I assume this was in cooperation with the glider pilot.
I don't think I would have flown anywhere other than behind the glider.

Good view no doubt - I agree with being to close. You could have been back a little and used the zoom on your camera.
Are Hang Gliders considered manned aircraft?

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Hi,

we Fly a Mavic Air2 and have completed a video trying to capture a hangglider circling, while we try to get as close as possible.
What do you think?

Thomas & son
Good job following him. Hope he knew in advance you were videoing him. You came up along side him on the left. He could have done a sharp left ascent and that could have been disastrous. Looks like he noticed you and made a sharp right turn to get away.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Aside from being unwise, the more distant footage is better. I'd be on the phone with the pilot and coordinate so you could best achieve more side and top down shots as well. . . I used to be an Ariel photographer and PG instructor pre drones. . .
Another GREAT move would be to park the drone in the center of a thermal only altering altitude and yaw while letting the HG pilot decide how the "work it!" Diving at the drone, banking around it tightly. . . Love to see some of that! Nice piloting!

After spending quite a bit of time doing air to air for feature films way back when I worked for Tallmantz Aviation I know how difficult it is. You did a great job keeping that guy in frame.

Reactions: Galeforce1
Hi,

we Fly a Mavic Air2 and have completed a video trying to capture a hangglider circling, while we try to get as close as possible.
What do you think?

Thomas & son
Great video! Skilled control and smooth following of the glider, not easy to do. The video's do not reflect accurate distance from an object. I'm sure your drone was more than a safe distance from the glider.

Good video. Somewhat dangerous. I wonder if the "follow me" mode" would work?

Nice and thanks for sharing.

Hi,

What do you think?

Thomas & son
That is a COOL video

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J