DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Deploy on Mavic Air 1

Ron Caballero CAP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Verde Valley, AZ and Hampshire County, WV
Anyone out there using DroneDeploy? I have a problem. Several times, I have been unable to link DD to the drone. This morning, I was setting up to fly a mission in the desert near me. As DD was uploading the particulars, it informed that the the mission was too far away. I had loaded the wrong one. So, I loaded the correct, nearby, mission, and the drone would not link. I shut everything down an started all over. I made sure that the controller phone was wifi linked to my normal cell phone hot spot. Light on my MA1 was flashing green (yellow?) and the light on the controller was green. I tried a second time all to no avail. I gave up for the day. This happened to me on once before. Does anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening and what to do about it?

Thank you for redirecting this post.

Is this the iPhone or Android.

I had a few issues early on but on my android I now make sure I am prompted to select which app I want to use when plugging in the controller. Works fine then.

Is this the iPhone or Android.

I had a few issues early on but on my android I now make sure I am prompted to select which app I want to use when plugging in the controller. Works fine then.
It was an Android. The interesting thing to me is that one day earlier it worked like a charm...and...it had started to wok perfectly until I got the message that the mission was farther that I had set in DJI GO4. When I switched to a close-by mission, it failed to work.

What I am trying to learn is if there is some particular procedure that will enable a smooth link between controller/phone and the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61