DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone disconnect

gaz

Reactions
Just took my drone out for a little spin and the screen went blank and it had disconnects what's the reason for this please?

Did the drone disconnect from the controller? Or did the phone just disconnect from the controller? Could be a loose of faulty USB cable into the controller from the phone.

Hi,

This has been happening often to me lately too, use an iPad and after the flight the screen goes blank, connection with drone lost it says sometime too. I unplug and reconnect the cable to get the screen back n working along with the recording. Quite a trouble for now & I hope a fix is on the way.

Reactions: Former Member
Did the drone disconnect from the controller? Or did the phone just disconnect from the controller? Could be a loose of faulty USB cable into the controller from the phone.
I agree that it could be a faulty USB cable, would be a good idea to invest in a braided
USB cable. Especially if you have a habit of bending cable to fit into some storage area.

I agree that it could be a faulty USB cable, would be a good idea to invest in a braided
USB cable. Especially if you have a habit of bending cable to fit into some storage area.
I've bought new cables and I still get disconnects. This problem has been around for over 1yr. This is what I do now.
1. turn on Controller 2. turn on Mavic. 3. turn on mini 4. turn on airplane mode. This works better for me,I get less disconnects. But it does happen once in a while. I reconnect the cable from either under the controller or the side of the mini 4. Then I get a reconnect. Someone said that the USB connector under the controller is a cheap one and by replacing it with a better one will solve this ongoing problem. Maybe DJI has solved this problem with the newer models.Chuck.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman