DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DRONE DISCONNECTS / LOSES SIGNAL WITHIN VIEW OF PILOT, THEN SPLASHES INTO 120meter DEEP ALPINE LAKE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOPE... I had just taken off, and I JUST recharged that battery. I had EVERY bit of 22 minutes left.

NOPE... Battery locked fully in place, craft stayed level, flight was slow, NO wind, NO obstacles.

NOPE... NOT on end of lake... lake is HUGE, 6 miles long, 1 and 2 miles wide. I was not even a 1/4 mile, 200-300 meters away from craft standing in the OPEN VIEW. DIRECT line of sight with craft.
Open View in Direct Line of Sight means you can see the aircraft with the naked eye (prescription lenses permissible). So you should be able to tell us from visuals what happened to the aircraft. Since you can’t do that you were not VLOS and since you were backing up your video feed could not tell you what you backed into.

You also fail to understand how GPS works in areas without a clear view of the sky. Flying in a valley or canyon blocks off more of the sky the lower you go or the closer you are to one side or the other. In a cliff settings no you can easily block 180 degrees of the sky in just a few seconds and render your GPS useless.

Without flight logs or the aircraft you have no grounds to stand on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007