DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone doesn‘t show up on laptop after plugging it in

Simplicity

Reactions
Hi there!

After buying a microSD card yesterday I am now trying to get my first picures off the drone and on to my laptop (A MacBook Air M3). The Wireless download via the controler to my phone worked just fine, but it was too slow and since I don‘t have a microSD adapter jet, I tried to plug the drone directly into my computer. Here‘s where the problem occured:

My laptop doesn‘t recognise any device plugged in. I followed all the steps, turning the drone on and waiting for the light to flash yellow before connecting it, but it didn‘t help. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Reactions: Cafguy
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Try connecting it to your laptop and then turn on the drone.

Reactions: Cafguy
Let me guess ... USB-C? How many cables do you have? Start testing! I'm sure one of them will work. Its a Known issue and you can look at others who have gone thru this on the DJI Forums. Some members have stated that the USB-C cable that came with the Macbook will not work. Its all in the handshaking so you just gotta find the correct cable.
Also- Plug the drone in and then power it on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr