DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Down in Florida

beaujest

Reactions
I was getting some Hurricane Damage views and Florida is very flat so the transmitter would lose signal after about a mile out... so fresh battery and LItchi to the rescue, sent my Mavic on a 12 minute "out of transmitter range" mission, to film my Daughters old house from above and survey the roof. about 10 minutes in, the transmitter displayed "Battery at 12%, returning to home" or some such... a couple of minutes later it displayed "Landing". I searched for for it for about 8 hours and tried to get it to connect to dji go app, find my drone, and the litch app but to no avail... The LItchi flight log only shows the position of where it left transmitter range, those logs are usless and since I wasn't using DJI go, no logs exist there either. My only hope was to have a buddy fly his drone over the same route and to have someone read the transmitter logs in the hopes that since it displayed some information that Gps coordinates might be stored there. LItchi gave me the middle finger, so did DJI, they refuse to read the transmitter logs since I was flying with Litchi, That makes no since to me why they wouldn't want to at least tell me what the coordinates were when the forced landing happened. Their app is running the transmitter, I've begged,pleaded and dropped significant verbal bombs on them but it's like Steve Martin at the Rental Car desk in Planes Trains and Automobiles.... Can anyone read those Transmitter logs? It also blows me away that Litchi would not obtain the ability to read the transmitter logs, What business do they think they are in? What kind of moron(s) are running the IT departments at both companies?

Your app (any of them) can't record logs, when the bird is beyond the reach of your signal. If the Mavic can't report home, how could any logs be recorded? I am truly sorry for your loss and I hope you find your drone.

Reactions: HVYMTL
Are you just looking to find coordinates of points along your Litchi flight path? You can convert your mission to a Google Earth KML file and grab coordinates off of any part of it using Convert Litchi .csv file to .kml with elevation. Set your preferences in mission hub to metric, export a csv file, convert and open with Google Earth. You still wont know where it went down exactly, but you can retrace your path on the ground. Also, many smart phone GPS apps can load a KML file as a route or path, so you can navigate with that if you need to.

I retraced the litchi flight path for several hours, I would really just like to have someone read the transmitter logs or give/sell me an app that will let me read them... The transmitter did receive data, "returning to home" and "landing". I was told that the coordinates were recorded in the transmitter logs along side those messages...I understand that the flight logs can only be recorded when it is in range. Don't understand DJI refusing to read those logs to protest using Litchi. Strange policy...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista