DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Down!

SeanIsHere

Reactions
As I'm new to drones and specifically my Mini SE, I decided to purchase a little £25 thing off of Amazon. I thought it might help me with learning to fly and boost my confidence. It arrive around 1300h GMT and by 1400h I had it in the air.....as of 1430h it has been stranded on the peak of a rooftop some 35m up.

Ironically I'd decided that it was to be my "learn to fly" drone.

There is no reason for this post, other than to share my fail of the day and perhaps to raise a smile.

Yep.

Cheap drones are easy to crash.

DJI drones are easy to fly. :)

Reactions: Droniac
That's a tall house.
When you get the SE you may be able to use its down draft to blow the toy off the roof. If you try, try to blow it off the eves rather than down the roof, it may get caught in the gutter.
I wouldn't try to catch it, just in case that causes you to lose control of the SE.
Just try to aim it for something soft.
Just in case the idea occurs to you, as a newbie do not try lifting the toy with the SE.
I went the same route as you though there isn't really any comparison between flying s £25 toy and a DJI drone.

That's a tall house.
When you get the SE you may be able to use its down draft to blow the toy off the roof. If you try, try to blow it off the eves rather than down the roof, it may get caught in the gutter.
I wouldn't try to catch it, just in case that causes you to lose control of the SE.
Just try to aim it for something soft.
Just in case the idea occurs to you, as a newbie do not try lifting the toy with the SE.
I went the same route as you though there isn't really any comparison between flying s £25 toy and a DJI drone.
It's a four story office block that was closed for the weekend. Please don't think I was being too irresponsible in flying where I was...there are approximately 150 parking bays and they were empty.

I took the SE up for look but I didn't get too close (hence how I know it's 35m up). I considered using downdraft but bottled it! Not to mention the seagulls started taking a lot of interest!

It's slightly windy today but the toy drone hasn't moved....maybe in the Autumn.

That moment you realize you paid extra money for a quad that helps prevent you from crashing it, and how ironically you don’t want to crash it. But those plastic gears on the cheap ones won’t hold up very long.

Reactions: Droniac and MA2 317
Update....the drone blew down off of the roof yesterday. Tested it just now and all seemed well flying around the living room. Then it strayed into the kitchen....

A scream from the other half and I reached the kitchen in record time....there's the drone doing a motorboat impression in a sink full of hot, soapy water......20220417_133650.jpg

Update....the drone blew down off of the roof yesterday. Tested it just now and all seemed well flying around the living room. Then it strayed into the kitchen....

A scream from the other half and I reached the kitchen in record time....there's the drone doing a motorboat impression in a sink full of hot, soapy water......View attachment 146873

If it survives this / flies tomorrow, please post the link to it, lol.

The bubbles are a good look! Reminds me of the Lawrence Welk show from the 60’s. Man I’m getting old!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty