DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Drone Dunking - or 'how not to wash your drone' - Ashness Bridge, Lake District

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
The second location of the Drone Show Live Viewers Lakes Roadtrip, is the amazingly photogenic and rather tempting to fly under Ashness Bridge, great fun - one person flew a MNI3 Pro under it - however the moving water and close-in flying can cause issues - as I found out when returning down the stream my AVATA decided to fly off to the left, crash into a rock and drop into a pool at the side of the stream - it ended up at 45degrees and half submerged!

Thankfully it was soon dried and with a new memory card, it was all good to go, even if I did lose the 4K footage of flying under the bridge...

Post dunking it had to be reflown under the bridge and given a workout to ensure it was all ok and to restore my confidence, it worked perfectly, I am one fortunate AVATA owner...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Glad you got it back not too worse for wear. Glad she's flying again. I bet that got your heart pounding a bit faster. And... at least your husband got a good laugh.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Gotta ask about the song?
I can’t find it anywhere.
Lol, my husband made it using AI on Suno, if you want a copy I have attached it...

That’s awesome.
Don’t see an attachment. Maybe the forum doesn’t allow it?🤷🏼‍♂️
Sorry, it doesnt allow that type of file, sPM me your email and I will send it over...

Why a new memory card? The normally survive even sea water.
Dunno, it wasnt recognising the card and in the computer it was corrupted - although after formatting it it seems to be working again, so I have out it into the MINI3 RC as a spare, and used the spare from there for the AVATA itself...

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Another great video!

Thanks... I have another coming this evening...
Just a point although it is a bit late, it is normally suggested that a drone is dried for several days after a dunking. Water can get trapped in the small gaps that exist in these drones and, in certain circumstances, set up cells between two sorts of differing metals although fresh water is nowhere near as good at that as salt water.

Just a point although it is a bit late, it is normally suggested that a drone is dried for several days after a dunking. Water can get trapped in the small gaps that exist in these drones and, in certain circumstances, set up cells between two sorts of differing metals although fresh water is nowhere near as good at that as salt water.
Yup, it was put into a box of silica gel when we got home, and tested on the Friday, thankfully all seems ok, and its been flying the Fairy Pools on Skye and the River Coe Gorge this week :)

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archanut