DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 The Falls of Bruar - bottom to top and back again...

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
A combination of AVATA and AIR3 Footage captured on a hot sunny spring day in early May 2024, the intent was to capture the true beauty of the area, to explore the gorge and see that which is not normally seen, for which the AVATA came in really handy - although I seem to have a fault causing some 'jellification' on some of the shots...

This is my 3rd edit, and the shortest one so far, the first two attempts were 15 and 12 minutes+! I may have another go to make an ultra short - su 4 minute - version, but it is hard to know hat to cut out...

The story begins outside the House of Bruar, where we fly low and slow up the gorge and under the railway bridge, before then relocating to the first footbridge in order to maintain VLOS.

Then a flight up the gorge towards the higher bridge, at least as far as reception and VLOS will allow with the AVATA.

Next, we switch to the AIR3 for a higher-level flight to the Upper Bridge and an overview of the gorge. Arriving at the upper bridge a few moments to reveal the waterfalls and then fly back down, switching once again to the AVATA for the gorge footage, and then again switching location for the final flight back to the take-off point...

The heat was definitely an issue, the AVATA goggles were constantly steaming up as I was using them, so rather than take any chances I tried to keep my distance from some of the obstacles, hence one or two bits of quick swerving and no underflight on one of the downed trees, as to crash in the gorge would have made the drone irrecoverable along with the footage...

Still, overall a nice chilled-out result... Oh, and for bonus points, keep your eyes out for the 2 dragonflies that fly close under the drone in the last 2 minutes...

Definitely a place I want to return to and have another go at, perhaps in the autumn, and with more time and all 3 drones, then we can really capture it in full...

Lovely flight. The hardest thing for me after having a great 15 minute flight was trying to cut it down to a 3 minute video. Now I just don't post any as I like to replay for myself mostly anyway. Very interesting rock formation in that creek. Well Done.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Lovely flight. The hardest thing for me after having a great 15 minute flight was trying to cut it down to a 3 minute video. Now I just don't post any as I like to replay for myself mostly anyway. Very interesting rock formation in that creek. Well Done.
Thanks... editing it down to what others consider acceptable length is one of the hardest things to do, in this case I just got it down to sb 10 mins and left it at that... I may do another shorter version, but really hard to get it short enough... I have made a 59 second short that I will share on YT tomorrow, perhaps it will be the first of several..

Reactions: RangerEd
Beautiful and challenging place to fly. Nice video. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you, it was challenging, but definitely worthwhile...

Another great video. I notice a little prop wash in the second segment of the Avanta flight. Is that normal? I don't think I'll ever get one as I have vertigo and the last time I tried flying a FPV drone I was dizzy for a week.

Another great video. I notice a little prop wash in the second segment of the Avanta flight. Is that normal? I don't think I'll ever get one as I have vertigo and the last time I tried flying a FPV drone I was dizzy for a week.
Thank you...

I was having some issues with vibration - which I think I have now sorted, it appears it was my bumpers - which made the video look a little jittery, certainly not normal with the AVATA and tbh I suffer badly with motion sickness - especially cars and boats, and watching FPV footage can also bring it on - but I am fine while flying the AVATA - I think its to do with the control, if you are turning it then your brain expects the vision to change with the movement, so it is synchronised...

Updated version... Have run the AVATA footage through Gyroflow and reduced its use to get rid of the worst of the jellification...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu