DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone haters

macoman

Reactions
Why some helicopter pilots hate drones? My boss at my job does not even tolerate the word drone. I was chatting with him this morning and on the discussion I said to him that as a helicopter pilot he could enjoy a DJI drone in his backyard. Oh God, that to him is like gave the middle finger. He told me not to said anything related to drone not even mentioning the word, that these machines are the work of the devil. I was like wtf in my mind. I then I said all right, sorry. Then I moved on and continue to work. I guess he knows that drones are taking a major role in the business where everything in the past has to be done with helicopters. Companies now are buying or hiring drones or drone pilots. They are more efficient, cheaper and less risky than helicopters. Of course, helicopters are still very important in emergency or rescuing situation, tourism and transporting things. I know we have some helicopter pilots in Mavic pilots and not all of them hate it but it's an interesting topic to discuss.

Hating the business competition is probably one good aspect, but another angle could be the perceived airspace competition. One helicopter instructor I had think he owns the airspace from 500AGL to ground, even saying he has the right to land anywhere if the situation call for it.

Hating the business competition is probably one good aspect, but another angle could be the perceived airspace competition. One helicopter instructor I had think he owns the airspace from 500AGL to ground, even saying he has the right to land anywhere if the situation call for it.
any aircraft can land anywhere "if the situation calls for it"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll