DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone insurance app?

wco81

Reactions
Went searching for UAV Forecast and this app. showed on the top, I guess they're paying for sponsored results:

‎SkyWatch.AI Drone Insurance

On demand drone insurance for as little as $5 an hour?

Anyone familiar with this app. or the concept?

BTW, I asked permission to fly at local parks owned by the county. They sent me a generic permit application, usually filled out by organizations which hold events, sell alcohol, etc.

They also demand liability insurance and to put the county on the policy as being covered under this insurance.

I wouldn't think there is such a policy for covering liability for bodily harm or property damage that a drone may cause on public property?

Thanks for the info. I currently use Verifly for all of my paid flights.

Have you actually made claims against insurance or know of anyone who’ve gotten claims paid for this drone insurance?

Went searching for UAV Forecast and this app. showed on the top, I guess they're paying for sponsored results:

BTW, I asked permission to fly at local parks owned by the county. They sent me a generic permit application, usually filled out by organizations which hold events, sell alcohol, etc.

They also demand liability insurance and to put the county on the policy as being covered under this insurance.

I wouldn't think there is such a policy for covering liability for bodily harm or property damage that a drone may cause on public property?

Does anyone know of insurance available in France. Apparently we are required to have drone insurance while flying in France.

I found one Australian site which claims worldwide coverage.

It's about $300 a year.

It would be available to Americans flying outside the US. There is insurance for EU countries but only for residents of those countries.

That's expensive, I belong to FPV UK it's just £19.99/Yr and includes £5 million public liability for the whole of europe. I know this is UK so hope it helps any UK flyers.

I would not want to pay say $20 dollars for a day out flying of four hours.

Reactions: spicciani2
I have used this on the Monthly plan for RE work as a 107. It is nice being covered 24/7.
Go to their website to learn more.

I contacted them. They do not cover recreational use, especially outside the US.

That's expensive, I belong to FPV UK it's just £19.99/Yr and includes £5 million public liability for the whole of europe. I know this is UK so hope it helps any UK flyers.

Just Googled them. Their site is not found?

I contacted them. They do not cover recreational use, especially outside the US.
Didn't say anything about recreational use. Even when not on a paid job one can be adding to their "Stock" footage.

Just Googled them. Their site is not found?

Don't understand, your link gets to the FPV UK site no problem.

Yeah it works now.

I sent them a message to ask if it's available to Americans. Likely not, but might as well ask.

I called my insurance company. I have auto and homeowners with them.

So the way they explain it is that my homeowners covers me for any liability caused by personal possessions.

Drone would be considered one of those possessions.

But they have a "jacket" which is the full policy, not the coverage declarations documents you get every year when you renew your policy. In that jacket, they have a specific exclusion for aircraft. However, "hobby" or "model" aircraft is covered. The way they define it is that the aircraft can't carry people or anything.

So unless I try to rig my drone to carry something which could fall out or be dropped intentionally on people or property, it would be covered.

And it would be covered worldwide.

The only problem for compliance with flying in certain countries would be that my policy doesn't explicitly say it covers my drone nor would they register my drone and record the serial number and then print it on some policy document that I would show some authority.

For instance, the Thai drone authority wants that, a copy of the policy showing my specific drone and it's serial number are covered for 1 million THB in liability.

So I guess I'll try to tell anyone who asks that I have liability insurance through homeowners insurance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU