DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Insurance (UK + abroad)

zakclayton

Reactions
Hey all,

I was wondering if the UK had any decent drone insurance providers for hobbyists. I know in the US you can pay a premium for a year which covers the drone for accidental damage and loss.

DJI care is always another option but I know that requires you to actually retrieve the drone and does not cover complete loss.

I would need the policy to cover trips abroad as well as within the UK as I live in Iceland part of the year as well.

Cheers,

Z

Hey all,

I was wondering if the UK had any decent drone insurance providers for hobbyists. I know in the US you can pay a premium for a year which covers the drone for accidental damage and loss.

DJI care is always another option but I know that requires you to actually retrieve the drone and does not cover complete loss.

I would need the policy to cover trips abroad as well as within the UK as I live in Iceland part of the year as well.

Cheers,

Z
This would be of interest to me as well, let me know how you get on ....... Berkshire.

I think I’d be more inclined towards the public liability cover of drone club in addition to my home inside for loss

Reactions: zakclayton
Thanks for all the replys really appreciate it. I had a look at eversure which seem to have reasonable cover although it doesn't include public liability as standard.

Reactions: ICEMANMAZ
Cover Drone is worth checking out also. Good policy but haven’t had chance to review their pricing yet.

FPVUK members get £5m Public Liability cover for their £19.99 membership fee (plus lots of other deals such as 10% off at DroneDoctor, UAV Academy, The Aerial Academy, 3iC, Coptrz, Snow and Rock, Cotwold Outdoor, 5% off at RTHDrones, etc - and representation with CAA, DfT, NATS, etc).

Plus, FPV UK members now get 50% off hobbyist accidental damage insurance from FlyIcarus. Combined this ends up being a more complete, and cheaper, package than anything else out there.

The news about it is here: FPV UK members now get 50% off FlyIcarus Hobby Drone Accidental Damage insurance - FPV UK

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightrider619