DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Lake Rescue

I don’t know this person. It was sent to me on Twitter by a friend who knew I went to drone school. I thought it was awesome. Not sure where it was filmed.

I once had a force landing experience due to low battery below 5% with a still established. connection. After I've fishing the bird out of the water and have dried it, I've simulated the force landing later on over dry ground. I was very surprised that even when the bird has entered the force landing mode it stays full maneuverable. Even pushing the stick up let bird climb again. If I've known this before I could have saved my bird in the previous incident.

I don't understand why droners "push it" to that limit. Don't they read or watch the videos telling you that flying against the wind on RTH might not make it home? It must be nice to be rich...

I don't understand why droners "push it" to that limit.

In my case I was overwhelmed of the great view of the swiss alps. I recognized I had 40% battery left. Smart RTH has not reminded me yet to come home immediatelly so I stayed calm but started my flight home. With 350m distance and 120m height the situation appeared under control. Even while decending the bird stayed below 5 km/h due a severe wind gust. 4 Minutes later the battery was down to 5% and still 80m to go. Force landing kicked in and the bird decended without any stick input. I did not realise I still had the chance to couteract the force landing by pushing the stick up. If I would have known that I would have saved my bird.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_