DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone lands one block over in street.

heydave23

Reactions
I have a new Mavic air. I had been flying with my phone, but tried my iPad mini. I hadn't changed all of the settings to my liking yet, I was not too far away when the beeping 30% battery went off. I visually lost it for a minute, the next thing I knew was my battery said 16% and the drone decided it was landing. At 16% there was enough battery to get to my driveway. I jumped in my car and drove around the block and found it in good shape. At what percent does the Air give up returning and decide to land? I haven't heard this mentioned before.

The intelligent battery is always calculating how much it would need to return to the recorded RTH point. If this becomes critical ie not enough to get back, it will use what’s left to try and carry out a safe landing

Reactions: heydave23
Thanks for that info. So using that logic if I'm attempting a long distance flight, will it alert me when it needs to return home to ensure it has enough battery? I do appreciate your input, thanks.

It will warn you and if you don’t turn back it will on its own . But if your air hits headwind it can run out of battery before getting back . Wind is always a concern

Yep. But if you use the low battery warning, you need to start back as soon as the beep starts. That way you should have enough spare for any issues you may encounter. But, be warned that the MA can’t take wind into account so, if you fly away with a tail wind & return into a head wind, you may not make it back regardless of what the battery thinks it can achieve! There are several threads on here where it never made it back!

Reactions: maverickau
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98