DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Magazine

Looked like a very nice production, and covers a lot of UAV topics, DJI, other brands, fixed wing, FPV flying and building, tips and techniques.

Is it just in limbo, or is the deceased a key person that means the end of the mag ?
Such a shame but these 60 issues are a real legacy to them, and their obvious love of UAV industry.

A very touching gift to the UAV World, so a nice memorial by those that allowed access to these 5 years of issues.

I've skipped through issue 1 and like the info, some real history there dated from that one in Nov 2016.

The last issue Oct 2021 is obviously going to be packed with the very latest drone items, so look forward to skipping through them and seeing the UAV journey via the whole series.

Due to a sudden death in the business the UK Drone Magazine (all 60 issues) is being made FREE to everyone. Go to www.droneuser.co.uk
Thank you Charlie. I downloaded every issue but they skipped a few and a couple weren't "listed" but they were available on the server. Issue 35 & Issue 50 aren't on the server but that's a WEALTH of information available there. I look forward to reading through them and seeing the change in tech documented (in High Resolution too) from 2016 to this year.

Reactions: Smooth Rhythm
Reactions: walrus
Thanks for the access but sorry to hear of the sad passing of your web designer. ??

There seems to be some inconsistences with the Issue Numbers on the magazine itself.

What is listed as Issue 51 is #51 dated Jan 2021 on the cover ( Drone User Magazine )

but what is listed as Issue 50 is #22 dated Dec 2020 on the cover ( Drone User Magazine )
Good deal. That solved the #50 missing issue. Appreciate it :) Now did you locate #35 or did I simply over look it?

I tried downloading a couple of issues (on a Mac) and get a zip archive. After unzipping it, I get a file that is called 'offline.app'. Attempts to open it reports that the file is damaged. Tried several versions, several times, but to no avail. Has anyone successfully downloaded a copy of this magazine on a Mac? I am running iOS 10.14.6 (i.e. Mojave)

I tried downloading a couple of issues (on a Mac) and get a zip archive. After unzipping it, I get a file that is called 'offline.app'. Attempts to open it reports that the file is damaged. Tried several versions, several times, but to no avail. Has anyone successfully downloaded a copy of this magazine on a Mac? I am running iOS 10.14.6 (i.e. Mojave)
Haven’t tried it on my MacBook but it works ok on my iPad 11 Pro, I used Flipbook to read them. Flipbook if a free download on App Store.

Last edited:
Not sure on a Mac but on Windows I just viewed in using the link for each issue. Then print it as a PDF and save the pdf file instead of printing it. I like using PDFs as those files are readable everywhere on anything.

Haven’t tried it on my MacBook but it works ok on my iPad 11 Pro, I used Flipbook to read them. Flipbook if a free download on App Store.
I downloaded Flipbook on my iPad. Once I ran it, it gave me a 'Let's Get Started' page that told me to go back to Web browser and open the magazine in the browser and then to click on the 'View' Button. I did that but it just takes me back to the 'Let's Get Started' page of the Flpbook app, telling me to go back to the web browser. Does not seem to do anything.

I downloaded Flipbook on my iPad. Once I ran it, it gave me a 'Let's Get Started' page that told me to go back to Web browser and open the magazine in the browser and then to click on the 'View' Button. I did that but it just takes me back to the 'Let's Get Started' page of the Flpbook app, telling me to go back to the web browser. Does not seem to do anything.
Yes it did that to me the first time I tried it, so I cleaned browser history and cache then just clickEd the magazine issue I wanted to look at without opening Flipbook first and it worked fin.

Not sure on a Mac but on Windows I just viewed in using the link for each issue. Then print it as a PDF and save the pdf file instead of printing it. I like using PDFs as those files are readable everywhere on anything.
I gave your suggestion a try, and got it to work. Thanks!

For those in the USA, I found I had to tweak the PDF output process a bit to make sure that the pages were not cropped. I printed to PDF using Letter size paper layout (normal here in US), but had to scaled the image to 85% to avoid cropping. I tried printing to A4 and found I still had to scale the image, but this time down to only 90%.

Yes it did that to me the first time I tried it, so I cleaned browser history and cache then just clickEd the magazine issue I wanted to look at without opening Flipbook first and it worked fin.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks! Seems that Flipbook has low ratings of 1-star on the App Store. Since I wanted to also read these on my Mac, I think I'll just download and convert to PDF as spudster suggested and then I can just read the PDFs from the Books app on my iPad as well.

Reactions: Joethedrone
I too downloaded them all, have read through the first 18 issues last night (!!!), and it's so good to see the consumer drone evolution, the FPV side of things, underwater drones, from DJI as well as many other makers (many that are now non existent).
DJI certainly has a stranglehold on the market now and for the foreseeable future.

Great people found issue 50, 35 is definitely a problem that can't be solved.
I printed all the mags to PDF and saved as per the website issue #s (download didn't want to work for me).
It was interesting the issue numbers change, when it went briefly to paid subscription.

What sad and unknown is if it was the editor, Steve Timewell, who has passed.
If so, what a loss, not only a great mag, but someone who absolutely lived and loved UAVs.
It's been an adventure so far watching his building of the mag, his travels extensively, his building a purpose built done 'van' for travels in the UK, and his lovely wife who did all this with him (apart from FPV on the DJI goggles !! Lol, t*t indeed.)

Reactions: Joeblow
So sorry about the web designer's death. My prayers and thoughts to the family.

I gave your suggestion a try, and got it to work. Thanks!

For those in the USA, I found I had to tweak the PDF output process a bit to make sure that the pages were not cropped. I printed to PDF using Letter size paper layout (normal here in US), but had to scaled the image to 85% to avoid cropping. I tried printing to A4 and found I still had to scale the image, but this time down to only 90%.
On my system, when I select A4 for paper size there is a submenu. Using A4 Borderless eliminated any cropping. YMMV.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S