DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone misused to deliver drug. Bad news for law abiding drone user.

Fadly

Reactions
drugs-drone-cover.jpg

The men allegedly used the drone to import drugs from Malaysia
According to a joint news release by the Singapore Police Force (SPF) and Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB), the police detected unusual unmanned aircraft activity near Kranji Reservoir park on June 17, 2020, at about 5.45pm.

Police officers from Woodlands Police Division were dispatched to investigate, where they found an unmanned aircraft, with a bag attached to it, hovering in the air at Kranji Reservoir Park.

4 S'poreans arrested for allegedly using drone to carry drugs from JB to S'pore

Reactions: DoctorNick

First it's a toy wanna be mavic for the looks of it. They found it hovering, so how did they get the control???

Now a real story I know of out here in suwannee county fl. Some one decided to send a care package of contraband to some one inside the suwannee county correctional facility. The drone was spotted so **** it down. They had started a perimeter check and the pilot if we can even call him that was spotted and on his escape from the vicinity (which is all woods )he dropped his wallet with driver's license amd social security and all his credit cards and bank card I mean I'm surprised he didnt have his birth certificate on him ? look idiots like these 2 do ruin the hobbie for us all but to be completly honest, The governments of the world and their militaries have weaponized drones for a hot minute now more like some years now and the dumbest award goes to the british army for loosing a full weaponized drone to terrorist in afgan or Pakistan or somewhere out there but they lost the whole drone to the terrorist . Not even a week later some ranked official in I dont remember the branch but he was with the FAA and they stated to Congress that drones are a threat to national security because they can weaponize any drone. ? so they took our toys ,turned it into a weapon , then pretty much gave the tech to the enemy and for the grand finale come here and make ridiculous laws. On top of making us get certified to fly our toys. That's the real threat to our hobbie not the morons but the governments , they are the main problem. They weaponized the drones, used it in combat lost one and now we are the ones who have to pay and get regulated and harrassed evry time we go out to enjoy 30 minutes of fly time

First it's a toy wanna be mavic for the looks of it. They found it hovering, so how did they get the control???

Now a real story I know of out here in suwannee county fl. Some one decided to send a care package of contraband to some one inside the suwannee county correctional facility. The drone was spotted so **** it down. They had started a perimeter check and the pilot if we can even call him that was spotted and on his escape from the vicinity (which is all woods )he dropped his wallet with driver's license amd social security and all his credit cards and bank card I mean I'm surprised he didnt have his birth certificate on him ? look idiots like these 2 do ruin the hobbie for us all but to be completly honest, The governments of the world and their militaries have weaponized drones for a hot minute now more like some years now and the dumbest award goes to the british army for loosing a full weaponized drone to terrorist in afgan or Pakistan or somewhere out there but they lost the whole drone to the terrorist . Not even a week later some ranked official in I dont remember the branch but he was with the FAA and they stated to Congress that drones are a threat to national security because they can weaponize any drone. ? so they took our toys ,turned it into a weapon , then pretty much gave the tech to the enemy and for the grand finale come here and make ridiculous laws. On top of making us get certified to fly our toys. That's the real threat to our hobbie not the morons but the governments , they are the main problem. They weaponized the drones, used it in combat lost one and now we are the ones who have to pay and get regulated and harrassed evry time we go out to enjoy 30 minutes of fly time
And their actions are why the general public associate “drone” with thermal images of spying, missiles and flying body parts, rather than RC planes and kids kites. It does annoy me more than a little!

Reactions: GFoto16 and Al Razz
And their actions are why the general public associate “drone” with thermal images of spying, missiles and flying body parts, rather than RC planes and kids kites. It does annoy me more than a little!

There's a case here where a hobbyist drone flyer flew his drone on what supposable an uninhabitate jungle. Only that it's not really uninhabitate. The drone unwittingly caught sight of a logging activity. Only that the area is designated as "protected" nature reserved and a National Park. Following that is the allegation of corruption in the Forestry Department. The case have become quite an embarrasment for the Kelantan State Government. So I understand why many Governments are very concern with the proliferation of a high quality camera drone among the population, and it's not just about safety.

No kidding, the drone in that picture is not smuggling anything anywhere for any distance...

The problem here is that impression have been made. It doesn't matter if it's a failure. People will say "Hey look, the drone deliver drug". They don't really give a frack about the thousand and one odds that make this attempt set to fail. I've been approach by my friends and families regarding this news. I give them a detail lecture on how this kind of operation with this kind of drone is doom to fail from the very start. They just nod and give me a blank look while still holding on to their impression that this drone can send a fracking nuclear bomb if one so desire.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998