DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone on Drone - Mavic1 Shot by Mavic2 Zoom

Probably freaked out some of those apartment dwellers with drones hovering right outside their windows!

In prep for an upcoming feature film project, working title 'The Search', I shot one of our Phantoms with one of our Mavics.
Speakers on - enjoy:

The deer at the end didn't know what to make of it so he bolted.

Nice Job - Where is the location?

If I recall, he (I presume) is in South Africa???

Probably freaked out some of those apartment dwellers with drones hovering right outside their windows!
** Things aren't what they 'Look' when shooting from the air - Lense distortion etc pretty far also out of earshot

Well done. Much smoother than I can fly so far. I must admit though, I was waiting for a chase scene.

** Thanks for the cool replies …
Yes that's in JHB, South Africa
… Its harder than it Looks to 'AIR-shoot' a flying target (there's *three axis movement)
- but 'dwolfe002' threw down the Challenge - …

…. so herewith the 'Chase' … on a 6km Round trip - (cool, challenging project) -

With the help of Litchi - and some super steady thumbs - a 6km flight - with a Mavic Zoom Chaser - Ridge flying
The challenge is ON!

I did this earlier this year. I put my phantom 4 into a lawn mower pattern (LONG paths) then followed it with my mavic. Granted, you better know your elevations, flight speed, and the end of the pathways...but it turned out great!

I did this earlier this year. I put my phantom 4 into a lawn mower pattern (LONG paths) then followed it with my mavic. Granted, you better know your elevations, flight speed, and the end of the pathways...but it turned out great!
Awsome- You have to Fly it - the trick is to Match Speeds - and keep a shallow gimbal Angle for the Chaser otherwise you can Quickly lose it -

** Things aren't what they 'Look' when shooting from the air - Lense distortion etc pretty far also out of earshot

** Thanks for the cool replies …
Yes that's in JHB, South Africa
… Its harder than it Looks to 'AIR-shoot' a flying target (there's *three axis movement)
- but 'dwolfe002' threw down the Challenge - …

…. so herewith the 'Chase' … on a 6km Round trip - (cool, challenging project) -

With the help of Litchi - and some super steady thumbs - a 6km flight - with a Mavic Zoom Chaser - Ridge flying
The challenge is ON!

Very well done. That had to be a pretty difficult shoot. It is hard enough for me to catch a bird in flight and it is usually when it is diving at my M2P. Looks like a lot of work went into that. My hat is off to you. Thank you!

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga