DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone path satellite overlay?

finity

Reactions
I've seen the results of the users who post their flight logs for assistance on some anomalous flight issue to "Phantom Help" where the flight path is overlayed onto a satellite image. I think that is fairly cool to see. Yeah, I know, geek.

Is there a way to get that info and plot it without using "Phantom Help" to get it? I wouldn't use resources for my curiosity that can be better used to actually help someone that's had a real problem.

You can use the PhantomHelp site to just upload your flightlog without submitting it to the forum as a problem flight.
Then you can download the KML info and open it using GoogleEarthPro.

Reactions: finity
You can use the PhantomHelp site to just upload your flightlog without submitting it to the forum as a problem flight.
Then you can download the KML info and open it using GoogleEarthPro.
After exporting the KML from AirData and bringing it into Google Earth, I get:

Screenshot 2023-06-02 064500.jpg

How do I get it to have the drop shadow indicating height as so many of the gurus here do?

Screenshot 2023-06-02 070601.jpg

Reactions: finity
@PAW ,
If it doesnt automatically show the altitude, do this:
  1. Expand the name (ex: May-28th-2023.... in your case) by clicking the triangle
  2. Right click Airdata.com and select Properties
  3. Select Altitude tab and check 'Extend path to ground'
  4. Select Style, Color tab. Under 'Area' select a color. Dropdown box and select 'Filled'. Lower Opacity to about 40%
  5. Click OK.
Hopefully that will get the result you want. I also like the altitude profile to show.

Reactions: finity and okw
That worked well! Thanks for such good directions Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas