DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone pilot detained and questioned (Canada)

mavic3usa

Premium Pilot
Reactions
What went wrong here....on both sides; comments?

(Not me or my video)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Cafguy
It is apparent that these officers do not understand their jobs. Why would a local police officer tell the pilot of Federal regulations that the officer cannot enforce anyway?
This officers misunderstanding of the rules is a great example of why it is not legal for local police to do the job of a Federal Officer. The police officers in my area are better trained in Drones that's for sure. They will walk up to you and simply ask if you posses a Trust Card. If you dont you will be asked nicely to land and leave and I have never had a local officer quote weight regulations to me. The officers in this video are fishing and should be reported.

Reactions: mavic3usa
I forgot to say that if that Pilot was doing a 107 flight he should have contacted the local police first. Its not a rule or a law BUT it sure saves the pilot and the police a TON of headaches.

So.... the Canadian version of 'auditor', whose first name is spelled P.I.T.A.

The only thing that struck me was how polite the older mountie was being... and how reasonable he remained in the face of a bombastic jackass hell-bent on provoking a reaction for his clickbait video.

It is reassuring to see that Canada, America and Britain is plagued by people not in the least bit concerned with throwing a spanner in the works for every other drone user.

J.A.J. Just Another Jerk.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnhernandez