DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Professionals are concerned about data security:

Teledyne is an interesting company with some amazing products. I got to try out some of their new hybrid night vision systems a while back that combine IR with amplified light and wow, the resolution was amazing, even at a distance. We were doing bat surveys and counts of them at some mines on a base and the tech we were using was really neat. I am sure putting something like those out in public would open up the insides of private homes and other buildings for all to see. Data is not private anymore.

Reactions: The Droning Company
Teledyne is an interesting company with some amazing products. I got to try out some of their new hybrid night vision systems a while back that combine IR with amplified light and wow, the resolution was amazing, even at a distance....

They bought FLIR last year and have incorporated their technology into the devices you were using. They're linked in the article but it doesn't point out that they're a recent Teledyne acquisition.

I drive by their headquarters every day and frequently see their development vehicles loaded with cameras on the road and at the harbor here in Santa Barbara.

They're the primary producer of the night vision systems for the military.

They bought FLIR last year and have incorporated their technology into the devices you were using. They're linked in the article but it doesn't point out that they're a recent Teledyne acquisition.

I drive by their headquarters every day and frequently see their development vehicles loaded with cameras on the road and at the harbor here in Santa Barbara.

They're the primary producer of the night vision systems for the military.
We had some GEN3+ goggles to use (also made by FLIR) and they were no match to the new scopes we tried out. The hybrid system used a video screen instead of a phosphor screen like standard night vision uses.

We had some GEN3+ goggles to use (also made by FLIR) and they were no match to the new scopes we tried out. The hybrid system used a video screen instead of a phosphor screen like standard night vision uses.
The issue with the type of display is the same as with other technologies. How much power does it need and how much heat does it generate. As the goggles are designed to be worn the weight becomes an additional factor in the design.

Now that FLIR has basically unlimited resources to develop with I'm sure they'll make significantly faster progress with these issues.

The Santa Barbara University of California campus is just about a mile from FLIR. UCSB has been doing development and research with/for Cree for years. So there are plenty of micro-led prototypes readily available for local companies to beta test with displays.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR