DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone/RC not connecting to Go 4 app

Geekazoid

Reactions
My Mavic Pro drone and controller are connecting with eachother fine, but whenever I plug my device into the controller (it doesn’t matter if it’s my iPhone or iPad), I go into the DJI Go 4 app and the camera feed does not come through. It just says “disconnected”. I’ve deleted and re-downloaded the app, plugged my iPhone/iPad into the USB input on the controller, turned everything on in the right order (RC-Drone-Go 4 app), but nothing seems to fix the problem. Like I said, the drone and controller connect fine, I can still fly the drone and control the gimbal. It’s just connecting to the app that is the issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum Geek, Have you tried a different cord from the USB port to your device .

Reactions: Thomas B
My Mavic Pro drone and controller are connecting with eachother fine, but whenever I plug my device into the controller (it doesn’t matter if it’s my iPhone or iPad), I go into the DJI Go 4 app and the camera feed does not come through. It just says “disconnected”. I’ve deleted and re-downloaded the app, plugged my iPhone/iPad into the USB input on the controller, turned everything on in the right order (RC-Drone-Go 4 app), but nothing seems to fix the problem. Like I said, the drone and controller connect fine, I can still fly the drone and control the gimbal. It’s just connecting to the app that is the issue.

If your device is plugged into the bottom port, there must be nothing in the side port, otherwise the bottom port is disabled.

If your device is plugged into the bottom port, there must be nothing in the side port, otherwise the bottom port is disabled.
Hi, yes I’ve done this. I’ve used my lightning cable to connect my iPhone and iPad to the controller with no success. Everything was working fine up until a few days ago.

Hi, yes I’ve done this. I’ve used my lightning cable to connect my iPhone and iPad to the controller with no success. Everything was working fine up until a few days ago.
Welcome to the forum Geek, Have you tried a different cord from the USB port to your device .

This happens to me also. What I do is have the DJI app open before the mavic. (So turn on the radio, then turn on the app, then your mavic.

I've had this problem b4 w/ my iPad Mini 4, no matter what I do it won't connect.
Finally someone from DJI said that try to refresh my IOS FW, I did and that fixed it.

This is a stale thread. Judging from the date, the problem was most likely IOS 11.0.0 preventing the controller USB connection. Apple has since fixed that, so we shouldn't be hearing about that specific issue again.

This is a stale thread. Judging from the date, .
Thread was started today. Issue might have been posted before but this thread isn’t stale .

Reactions: locoman
Update the IOS current version should be 11.2.6
Make sure you have the latest DJI go4 app version
Try a different lightning cable, fully remove any cable from the side connector so it is empty, even a cord plugged into the side with nothing connected to it will disable the bottom USB, then try the full sized USB on the bottom.

Sorry - my mistake.

DJI Go would use USB Debugging Mode to communicate with aircraft via RC. If both connections are fine but disconnected when linked together, then the communication channel is being blocked (might be temp or perm...), so try to 1. update all firmwares to the latest version including RC and MP. 2. select different options from the USB Debugging Mode like MIDI, MTP etc other than Charging. 3. downgrade your application to see whether back to normal connection (For android 4.2.8 is advised)...

If you have anything plugged into the side port, the bottom USB on the controller is disabled, not sure where you were plugging into.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400