DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Registration in France after registering in another EU State

JahPilot

Reactions
Hello,

I am going to be flying in France but I can't complete the AlphaTango registration as already have a Operator ID from Finland and my A1/A2/A3 License from Holland.

There isn't any option for me to upload these documents to AlphaTango and so I'm lost as to what I need to do in order to comply with Frances drone regulations. Online it seems that I am now safe to fly but there are a few things that make me feel as though I'm missing something.

Do I keep my Mavic 3 with the same Finnish Operator ID stuck to it or do I get a new registration plate?
Do I need to find a way to upload my Finnish Operator ID to AlphaTango or do I simply carry it with me at all times and that will be enough if I'm stopped by the authorities?

Is there some hoop that I'm completely missing?

Any answers/ directions to an answer is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I am going to be flying in France but I can't complete the AlphaTango registration as already have a Operator ID from Finland and my A1/A2/A3 License from Holland.

There isn't any option for me to upload these documents to AlphaTango and so I'm lost as to what I need to do in order to comply with Frances drone regulations. Online it seems that I am now safe to fly but there are a few things that make me feel as though I'm missing something.

Do I keep my Mavic 3 with the same Finnish Operator ID stuck to it or do I get a new registration plate?
Do I need to find a way to upload my Finnish Operator ID to AlphaTango or do I simply carry it with me at all times and that will be enough if I'm stopped by the authorities?

Is there some hoop that I'm completely missing?

Any answers/ directions to an answer is greatly appreciated.
It is probably best for you to contact the French aviation agency that regulates/registers UAS.

They can (or should) provide specifics how to do the upload and tell you if you even need to do anything else since you already have pilot and drone credentials within the EU. Good luck!

Last edited:
Isn't the idea of the EU-wide drone directive to remove barriers from the European Union ? If you have an operator ID from one EU country (or EASA country), that should be valid throughout Europe. This is at least my interpretation of the objectives of the drone directive(s).
The above concerns the open category, not necessarily specific category. But Mavic 3 should be an open-category drone anyway (maybe C3 if it is heavy).

Reactions: Bernard
I agree with YRauste: if your drone is registered in Finland and if you already have the A1/A2/A3 licence from Holland, you don't need to register on Alpha Tango. But don't forget to have the documents with you when you fly your drone. You have to respect the authorised places to fly: Géoportail

Reactions: js47
Isn't the idea of the EU-wide drone directive to remove barriers from the European Union ? If you have an operator ID from one EU country (or EASA country), that should be valid throughout Europe. This is at least my interpretation of the objectives of the drone directive(s).

This is exactly correct. You do not need to reregister to fly in any other EASA country.

It should be noted however that while all EASA countries follow the same minimum EASA rules, some countries have additional rules. For example how you need to mark your drone (such as with QR code) or whether or not you need to have liability insurance.

Reactions: Aerophile
This is exactly correct. You do not need to reregister to fly in any other EASA country.

It should be noted however that while all EASA countries follow the same minimum EASA rules, some countries have additional rules. For example how you need to mark your drone (such as with QR code) or whether or not you need to have liability insurance.
Funny though that EASA say that’s not the case but it appears some countries are still in denial.

Attachments

• IMG_8665.jpeg
    IMG_8665.jpeg
    471 KB · Views: 2
As long as you are registered in one of the EU countries you don't need to do this a second time when traveling abroad. Just check for the local rules that may differ from EASA basic rules and have all the papers (and of course your little bird) with you. That's it.
Happy flying ;-)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13